DSC 2 portfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesneale89

Hi all
kust a quick question for all you guys who have registered for DSC 2 ,

hiw is long did it take you to receive your portfolio after sending off for the registration?

i am just asking this as I printed of some ICRs of dmq a website and have completed 2 witnessed DSC 2 stalks once my portfolio arrives can I just slot these in or will they ave to be re written as I don't know if the portfolio comes hole punched etc to put in a binder?

More re info would be appreciated

atb

jay

Hi

contact your nominated provider and request the portfolio and ETA, shouldn't be long in arriving

if you have completed two successful stalks, your aw will have added and recorded questions and answers and his own separate write up relevant to each stalk, you will need to speak to him as soon as you get your portfolio to ensure it is placed correctly

Atb

phil

Last edited:
Hi James,

my DSC2 portfolio was with me in three days from registering with BASC.

Who have you registered with?

Regards,

Mike.

Thanks for your replies i am going to register with BASC as it is the cheaper option and i find their service exemplary, i was hoping to send off for it today but ive missed the mail due to work so i will be sending tonight and hoping i can recieve it by sat or early next week.does the portfolio come as a booklet or is it holepunched so you can insert ICRs you have already completed and narratives etc?ATBJay

It comes as a booklet, my AW just stapled the loose ICR's onto the relevant pages within the portfolio
Wingy

What ever you do do not take any stalking with Mike Alision of Jelen deer, Not only did he completly forget the days myself and another guy had arranged to meet at a deer park, So lost one whole day. He then supplied me with a AW that was got struck off the DMmQ list so my portfolio was thrown out by BDS.
mike then said it had nothing to do with him it was down to the AW?
what a complete shower of S**it. I paid mike £550 pound I put it in his hand not the AW, So be carful as this Aw has been struck off for reasons unknown to me but still showing on jelen web site.
I have stayed silent over this for along time but I keep hearing how Mike was quick to promise DSC2 or your money back, But trying to get it back or him to answer his phone is like getting blood from a stone.
I hope more people are willing to tell there stories about Jelens bad treatment as I'm now telling as many people as I can.

What ever you do do not take any stalking with Mike Alision of Jelen deer, Not only did he completly forget the days myself and another guy had arranged to meet at a deer park, So lost one whole day. He then supplied me with a AW that was got struck off the DMmQ list so my portfolio was thrown out by BDS.
mike then said it had nothing to do with him it was down to the AW?
what a complete shower of S**it. I paid mike £550 pound I put it in his hand not the AW, So be carful as this Aw has been struck off for reasons unknown to me but still showing on jelen web site.
I have stayed silent over this for along time but I keep hearing how Mike was quick to promise DSC2 or your money back, But trying to get it back or him to answer his phone is like getting blood from a stone.
I hope more people are willing to tell there stories about Jelens bad treatment as I'm now telling as many people as I can.

Tayfix, sorry to here about your misfortune and be interested to here what Mike has to say.
There are always two sides to any story and I suspect this one is no different.

Tayfix, sorry to here about your misfortune and be interested to here what Mike has to say.
There are always two sides to any story and I suspect this one is no different.

Jelen provided exactly what Tayfix paid for, three deer were culled by him (Red, Falow and Sika) all witnessed, portfolio filled in although there were discrepancies on the portfolio by a previous AW. His portfolio was rejected by his assessment centre and so he thought he should have a refund. I asked him to follow our complaints procedure stating his reasons why he felt we were at fault, which he did not do.

The original AW planned for the day was unable to attend due to personal circumstances and Jelen arranged another AW to attend, and both Tayfix and the other client was provided with extra witnessed stalks free of charge as a gesture of goodwill. All AW's act completely independently of the company. … That is all.

Regards,

Mike

Mike Allison
Managing Director - Jelen Deer Services
01264 811155

Jelen provided exactly what Tayfix paid for, three deer were culled by him (Red, Falow and Sika) all witnessed, portfolio filled in although there were discrepancies on the portfolio by a previous AW. His portfolio was rejected by his assessment centre and so he thought he should have a refund. I asked him to follow our complaints procedure stating his reasons why he felt we were at fault, which he did not do.

The original AW planned for the day was unable to attend due to personal circumstances and Jelen arranged another AW to attend, and both Tayfix and the other client was provided with extra witnessed stalks free of charge as a gesture of goodwill. All AW's act completely independently of the company. … That is all.

Regards,

Mike

Mike Allison
01264 811155
Thanks Mike,

as as I said there are always two sides to any story.

What a load of rubbish, mike did offere another stalk and the same guy turned up.
here is mikes private reply to this post and my reply.
just give me my money back, I hope the vet guy who was there that day also states what a disorganized person you are.

Jelendeer said:
Hi Greg,

I am surprised at your post, which I suggest you remove as soon as possible unless you have evidence that we were at fault.

You were offered your refund, and you had an extra stalk which we didn't charge for. You shot your three deer witnessed as promised by an AW.

I asked you to follow our complaints procedure so that we could refund you if it transpired we were at fault. To date you have followed no such procedure.

If this post isn't removed shorty we will be seeking legal action against you.

I'm telling every one I can now mike,
I have not said anything on any forums until now, so give me my money back and I will not post on all the others that I'm on.
i will start posting one a day and keep telling every one I meet what happend.

Discrepancy on the portfolio surely would have been flagged up prior to have been sent off for assessment, given jelen undertake a considerable amount of L2 stalks I would ask were the previous AW write ups just to cover certain aspects (ie no beasts were grassed) and the three stalks with jelen had been to complete the portfolio criterion ? For carcase work and completion

plenty of grey areas, if the use of a non AW is or was the problem, the portfolio would sink without trace or if the criterion had not been fulfilled same result, overall whether it is the candidate or the AW ( jelen) I would be surprised if the portfolio had not been checked by the AW and the candidate to ensure the criterior has been met to pass, a strange one indeed

what was the outcome, did you have to start again with a new portfolio or strip back your original portfolio and start again

Has the DMQ assessor submitted a report on the portfolio parts they have concerns over, which caused the return this would generate a fault report and place the concerns in the required quarter The candidate or the AW

whatever happened I would would have thought the last entry AW would gave got the portfolio in condition for assessment whatever previous problems and sorted it out for the candidate for compliance even if extra work is required or is that tooooooooo much to ask ???????????

Surely
atb

phil

Last edited:
BDS said they where sorry to hear about what's happend and gave my another blank portfolio.
I did shoot three deer in one day and I found mike to be a very nice chap, but the fact remains he introduced me to a AW that did not look at my portfolio after I had entered my answers even putting in incorrect dates.
mike did supply the venue and did say sorry about what happend and offered me my money back or more stalks until I had done it all again. I said ok to the stalks but the same AW turned up smoking whilst stalking and coughing his lungs up, then he told me he was not doing the next day or any more unless Mike paid him again.
so I said ok mike I will take you up on the offer of my money back, I have been chasing him and keeping quite for nearly two years.
So I feel more new stalkers need to be aware of how he is when it comes to parting with money I.e my money.

BDS said they where sorry to hear about what's happend and gave my another blank portfolio.
I did shoot three deer in one day and I found mike to be a very nice chap, but the fact remains he introduced me to a AW that did not look at my portfolio after I had entered my answers even putting in incorrect dates.
mike did supply the venue and did say sorry about what happend and offered me my money back or more stalks until I had done it all again. I said ok to the stalks but the same AW turned up smoking whilst stalking and coughing his lungs up, then he told me he was not doing the next day or any more unless Mike paid him again.
so I said ok mike I will take you up on the offer of my money back, I have been chasing him and keeping quite for nearly two years.
So I feel more new stalkers need to be aware of how he is when it comes to parting with money I.e my money.

Greg,

It seems that you have conveniently forgotten that your portfolio (all except the shot, grallochs and inspections) was filled in some months previously by another AW, who wrote the questions down and then let you take it home to fill in the answers (your words), and this was flagged up to the BDS by the AW. Highly irregular in my view. However, I'm surprised that you haven't mentioned his name on here!!

The fact remains that Jelen provided you with the venue, your three deer (which you culled) witnessed by an AW. I do not believe the AW was at fault as he has provided a full written statement of the events. I have asked you for a written statement too with the view of getting you and the AW together at our office and reaching an amicable solution. You were reluctant to provide anything in writing, and so the informal process couldn't be initiated. I believe your portfolio was in such a mess - and the letter from the BDS assessor to you confirmed that (I still have a copy of that document) - and you think its OUR fault???

I provided you all the paperwork for our official complaints procedure, but you have decided not to follow that procedure for reasons best known to you. I have asked you to direct all future communications in writing as there are gross inconsistencies in the phone conversations between you-BDS, you-AW and you-Jelen.

The DSC2 opportunity offered no guarantees that you would achieve your DSC2. My view is you failed to meet the criteria according to your assessor, the BDS rejected it, and you feel a bit hard done by.

You are still entitled to make an official complaint through the complaints procedure we have in place. The matter would then be dealt with by an independent party. Perhaps you can explain to us why you chose not to do that???

Follow the proper procedures, and if we were in the wrong I will give you a full refund.

Best Regards,

Mike

Mike Allison
01264 811155

Hard to follow this one. I don't know if this is an accurate assessment based on a quick read through of the above posts, but as I understand it:

- the OP has has started the DSC2 with another AW and for whatever reason did not complete the portfolio.

- He has then come to Jelen who offer a complete package to have the opportunity to complete 3 ICRs as a park cull under a new AW recommended or supplied by Jelen. This new AW has not followed the procedures properly and the portfolio completed with Jelen has been rejected and the AW subsequently struck off.

- It seems that Jelen has tried to remedy the situation by offering more stalks, and this was accepted by the OP and the stalks completed but still with the same AW (presumably before he was struck off?).

- Now Jelen is saying that any complaint against the AW is a nothing to do with them, but at the same time saying that the OP has not followed their 'official complaints procedure'?

Someone who has a complaint does not have to dance to any prescribed tune. It is up to the service provider to do the dancing if someone is not happy with the service. The customer does not have to accept the service provider's 'official complaints procedure' or 'independent arbitration' either.

Regardless of whether the above is an accurate assessment, if an amicable settlement cannot be reached, it is time for solicitors or some other legal arbitration.

Hope you guys can get it sorted out amicably though...

To be fair to Greg, Mike seems to have forgotten that he publically - in front of at least two witnesses - admitted fault and offered Greg a full refund at the UK Shooting Show last year and that it is his subsequent decision to hide behind a complaints procedure and refuse to respond to phone calls and emails rather than lay up that has really got Greg's back up...

Also, regardless of any problems with Greg's portfolio, it was Jelen's apparent inability to competently manage a diary that meant Greg was left without an AW on the first day of a pre-arranged, pre-paid culling weekend. As a result, he then had to cram all of his culls into a single day under the supervision of a stand-in AW that I understand Jelen staff had already a number of problems with / concerns about attitude and practice wise prior to Greg's outings. Greg is quite right not to mention the AW by name as subsequent actions toward the DMQ and BDS showed the poor bloke clearly has some difficulties to overcome.

Having discussed this at length with Greg - who is as honest as the day is long - it seems that while he may have eventually got some culling done with Jelen, due to poor time management and administration on Jelen's part, in addition to the use of a clearly inappropriate AW, he was placed at a huge disadvantage. My understanding was that Mike had, by offering a full refund, admitted limited liability and the matter could have been quietly closed 12 months ago, leaving Greg to have another attempt at his L2 portfolio with a more organised provider and a competent AW. Having had quite a lot of experience at this kind of complaint based litigation, I'm confident that if this goes to court Greg will win but that the sensible course is to settle long before it gets to that stage.

To be fair to Greg, Mike seems to have forgotten that he publically - in front of at least two witnesses - admitted fault and offered Greg a full refund at the UK Shooting Show last year ​- I'm afraid the exact words were: "Greg, if we were at fault then I will ensure you get a full refund" - and that it is his subsequent decision to hide behind a complaints procedure and refuse to respond to phone calls and emails rather than lay up that has really got Greg's back up...

Also, regardless of any problems with Greg's portfolio, it was Jelen's apparent inability to competently manage a diary that meant Greg was left without an AW on the first day - That part I admit, and Greg was offered, and accepted two free stalking outings with an AW in Hampshire. This offer was made in recognition of the problem experienced on the first day - of a pre-arranged, pre-paid culling weekend. As a result, he then had to cram all of his culls into a single day under the supervision of a stand-in AW that I understand Jelen staff had already a number of problems with / concerns about attitude and practice wise prior to Greg's outings. Greg is quite right not to mention the AW by name as subsequent actions toward the DMQ and BDS showed the poor bloke clearly has some difficulties to overcome.

Having discussed this at length with Greg - who is as honest as the day is long - it seems that while he may have eventually got some culling done with Jelen, due to poor time management and administration on Jelen's part, in addition to the use of a clearly inappropriate AW, he was placed at a huge disadvantage. My understanding was that Mike had, by offering a full refund, admitted limited liability and the matter could have been quietly closed 12 months ago, leaving Greg to have another attempt at his L2 portfolio with a more organised provider and a competent AW. Having had quite a lot of experience at this kind of complaint based litigation, I'm confident that if this goes to court Greg will win but that the sensible course is to settle long before it gets to that stage.

- Greg saw fit to ignore my request for a statement to go through an informal procedure where he, and the AW could be brought together at our office in an attempt by us to reach an amicable outcome. He has since shown reluctance to follow a formal complaints procedure.

We take customer satisfaction seriously at all times. We take customer dissatisfaction even more seriously. All we need is clarification of Greg's version of events - written in his own words, and the matter can then be dealt with.

The AW was indeed unfortunate in that the a member of the BDS saw fit to remove him from the AW list on the basis of one phone call from Greg, during which there were gross inconsistencies between Greg's version of what he said to the BDS, and the BDS's version of what Greg said to them, hence my reason for requesting a written statement from Greg. It would appear that this was a unilateral decision made by one member of the BDS, without any consultation, discussion or agreement with DMQ.

I find Greg's reluctance to provide such a statement to be somewhat suspicious, and whilst we would have no problems issuing a full refund - even now - we will do so only when it has been established that Jelen was at fault through the path of a proper (and fair) investigative procedure based on written facts. It may interest readers to know that the particular issue between the AW and the BDS is, I believe, still ongoing and may well become a legal matter.

Greg needs to understand that threats to 'plaster this throughout the forums' will not alter our stance on this, however by following a proper procedure might yield a satisfactory outcome.

Regards,

Mike

Mike Allison
01264 811155

This thread is not nice and is doing nothing for the site. We will never know what went on truthfully and it is better dealt with away from this site. Airing dirty laundry is embarrassing and will never rectify the situation! May I dare to suggest that this is the last post on the thread?
Baguio

This thread is not nice and is doing nothing for the site. We will never know what went on truthfully and it is better dealt with away from this site. Airing dirty laundry is embarrassing and will never rectify the situation! May I dare to suggest that this is the last post on the thread?
Baguio

plus one on that Baguio. It's not going anywhere and let's hope situations like this doesn't rear it's head again

The disappointing thing is that the last AW to have any in put onto the portfolio didn't go through it to ensure it is fit to go and all the criteria was in fact enough to complete the portfolio to ensure it would pass the assessor examination, if not flag up the problem for or to the candidate, any person who has put their name on the portfolio would want to ensure all is good surely ? .

Smacks of a don't care attitude, my personal view if that AW had at that time been " employed" by jelen to undertake L2 stalks and relevant paperwork, but didn't complete that work then jelen should be responsible warts and all.

The crap about following complaint procedures or non adherence to jelen complaint procedures, common sense and decency should have prevailed here, boxing clever always results in disaster.

" reputation is only as good as the last job" greasy pole comes to mind

The AW will be hopefully investigated by DMQ and jelen will find a slice of decency and resolve this in a professional decent manner.

The deer stalking fraternity, DMQ and business relating to stalking don't need this unpleasant unprofessional advertisement as it can only do harm, professional AW and providers is and should be the norm

If there is anything to be gleaned from this whole charade is to make sure you go to the right people for the right job

phil

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back