Lintran custom dog box

prometheus

I am thinking of having a custom dog crate to take two dogs fitted in the rear of my Defender 110 5 seat commercial.
I have looked at the Lintran site and they seem to be able to create what I may need/want.
has anyone had any experience of this type of project or used any other supplier for similar ?
any comments/tips welcome.

I am thinking of having a custom dog crate to take two dogs fitted in the rear of my Defender 110 5 seat commercial.
I have looked at the Lintran site and they seem to be able to create what I may need/want.
has anyone had any experience of this type of project or used any other supplier for similar ?
any comments/tips welcome.

My mate here in Sweden makes Dog boxes to order. http://www.hundgubbe.se/ Shame he lives in Sweden.

Over the years I have had 3 Lintran boxes. I have found them really good and if you change vehicle and decide to sell it on, they fetch good money second hand.
I would certainly recommend them.

Have always had "Lintran" or "Port A Pet" ,both very good prefer "port a pet" as lighter to handle on your own when swapping in and out of truck .My first Port A pet box is around 14 years old and I was out shooting with the guy I sold it to Monday and its still as good as the day I sold it ,Port a pet had some really good design ideas when discussing fitting to my 110 that really work well, message me if you want more info as have had 4 boxes bespoke made

I've had two lintrans and both have been excellent. A friend of mine had a custom set up with drawers etc for his hi lux and it is fantastic. I have to admit though I have looked at the CAB boxesand thy look good too but have no personal experiance of them.

Have a Lintran light and easy to wash out and keep clean . Trans K9 are good but heavy and are not cheap .

I have a semi-custom Lintran in the BMW, cracking box, not too heavy and a great service by them. A mate has a Trans-K9 box in his Audi and he loves it, great quality too.
Its all down to whether Trans-K9 do custom boxes, which they didn't when I wanted one.

Last edited:
I got a Lintran 50/50 split but made them do a custom back to my recommendation. I also have a 60/40 trans k9. Trans are metal and dent and scratch easy but excellent box. Lintran has done eight hard years and is just showing some rust on doors and some ingrained/dug in discolouration. Other than that no issues. I had a part break that the rubber mat attaches to and was sent spares FOC. Lighter than K9 trans.

Imo mo you won't go wrong with a Lintran.

I have had 4 Lintran boxes and found them to be light, easy to clean and very well made. Had one made to fit the well in my Defender 90 to avoid me taking the seats out, well pleased. Latest Lintran was custom made for my Navara with gunsafe underneath, holds about 5 spaniels. Always had great service from them they will make dog boxes any size you want but also have a large range of standard boxes to fit most cars/4x4's and even some trade ins at reduced prices ( see their web site).
As "bobthedug" mentioned earlier they fetch good money second hand.

I have had a Lintran box for both our dogs for 4 years, and they are well made, easy to clean and the company are good to deal with.

Hope you find what you need.

ATB

Over the years I have had 3 Lintran boxes. I have found them really good and if you change vehicle and decide to sell it on, they fetch good money second hand.
I would certainly recommend them.

+1 got one in the back of the RRS and found it to be of good quality over the last 5 years

Have had a Lintran box for 4 years...like all the others say ....good, light easy to clean etc etc.
I would have another but think the K9 boxes are more robustly made, albeit more expensive.

C

Collpress pet carriers. Had one custom made 10 years ago for my vectra estate and still going strong. you tell them what you want and they will do it.

If you are interested in an alternative, you could look at a Travall dog box. I use one for my spaniels in a Land Rover 90 and it's fine for my purposes. The system won't let me post a link, but you will find it using Google.

Back