Greater Manchester Police

So all criminals failing to cooperate should expect to be shot? The shoplifter who does a runner, the brawling drunken lad on a Saturday night, and the fraudulent banker who doesn't readily cooperate with producing documents? We wouldn't need prisons, courts or probation services - just lots of very large cemeteries. And lots of apologies for getting the 'wrong guy'.

This is supposed to be a sophisticated civilised society not a despotic police state.

lot cheaper to put em in the ground than feed and support them on the taxpayer's dime... As far as the wrong guy.... He shoulda cooperated to begin with and he wouldn't have them extra holes...

lot cheaper to put em in the ground than feed and support them on the taxpayer's dime... As far as the wrong guy.... He shoulda cooperated to begin with and he wouldn't have them extra holes...

I doubt he had chance to co-operate... he was shot through the windscreen.

We'll never know the facts, but there's more to it than mistaken identity.... some mention of a memory stick with names of Police informants?
but don't worry, I doubt this thread will get the chance to gather any momentum.

...... dodgy geezer who happens to be in a stolen car with fake number plates confronted by armed police ..... you do the maths!

So all criminals failing to cooperate should expect to be shot? The shoplifter who does a runner, the brawling drunken lad on a Saturday night, and the fraudulent banker who doesn't readily cooperate with producing documents? We wouldn't need prisons, courts or probation services - just lots of very large cemeteries. And lots of apologies for getting the 'wrong guy'.

This is supposed to be a sophisticated civilised society not a despotic police state.

If you have nothing to hide you co-operate with the police. It's as simple as that.

I do not mean in every case, but certainly if dangerous criminals with records and intelligence suggesting they may be armed - if they run shoot them as far as I am concerned.

Does anyone have a legitimate reason to run from the police?

I doubt he had chance to co-operate... he was shot through the windscreen.

FFS, no he wasn't. He was out of the car doing some really crap juggling with a mobile and a handgun, oh wait a minute maybe it was a satnav, or keys...nope can't remember...BANG....errr...BANG again.

Last edited:
- if they run shoot them as far as I am concerned.

Does anyone have a legitimate reason to run from the police?

Seems that working with animals has dehumanised you there a bit; sorry Apache but doesn't sound like you!
Where did we ever get off anyone should be being gunned down by the police?
What if it was you, or your children?
You cannot have a society where innocent (not arrested or proven guilty) people are gunned down because it is easier than trying to make an arrest because the intel picture is a bit sh*t.

This isn't a banana republic, where known terrorists with blood on their hands and a brave soldier in the street dead get wounded (because they are an intel source) whilst wielding a gun, machete and tin-pot gangsters in a hard, planned stop get's double tapped. He knew what he was into being a gangster, but we don't want our police to forget what they are "in to".
I have no doubt the officer followed his the ROE as "he saw it", whether society accepts a jury to say "yes he was unarmed when shot" at 8-2 and then say he was 'lawfully killed' at the same time is bloody difficult to square.
Let's hope the ART aren't trigger happy when a bloke with a rifle is seen on your permission; and I've been there.

Last edited:
The biggest mistake ever made was allowing general discussion to stop being generally about deer..

Feckinhell, theres some rite mystic megs and bull**** on here these days.

Soory Apache, it's an open goal....
Mark Duggan and Jean Charles Demenzies.:doh:

1st was a known criminal who had a gun until shortly before being stopped. The second may or may not be justified depending on which version of events you believe.

I'm pig sick of criminals running around like they own the place with no fear of the police and pathetic sentences. Even the ones imprisoned seem to come out and re-offend. There is just no deterrent any more.

And the punishment for illegal firearms is £2k fine and 5 years in prison, not death.
No need to 'believe' conspiracy about JCDM the court transcripts and witness statements can be read, at the time I was pretty chipper that we'd 'black bagged' a terrorist, pretty sick feeling to discover that the last 30 seconds of his life (quite a long time..) were more terrifying than we can every imagine and we'd "fked up".
Couldn't agree more that better deterrents need to happen, but as a shooter I want my police force to be real steady with that trigger finger..and preferably not have the finger there at all lest they ever shoot me "because it's easier". Whisky I believe...

I would say the complete opposite - if acting on duty with a person failing to co-operate criminals should expect to be shot, and the officer should be 100% immune from presecution. These 'gangsters' don't fear the police, maybe if they knew if they didn't co-operate with the police they would get shot it might improve their attitude.

Law abiding citizens need not worry.

Aiming to generally protect the public the Police in their line of work have every right in making sure they finish their shift heading home to their loved ones.

You wana play gangster armed one minute unarmed the next. Dont **** and moan if you get shot.

You couldnt make it up on here, why not mention the casualties the Police have lost killed doing their duty..

Course not lets pussy foot around the criminals...

I have all the time in the world for the police, every working day as it happens, and no sympathy for criminals but would not want to be shot dead myself by 'mistake'; anyone on here want to volunteer?

You "can make it up on SD" it seems.
The Met shot JFK, no seatbelt....:norty:

I'm pig sick of criminals running around like they own the place with no fear of the police and pathetic sentences.

So am I but we can't have armed police acting as Judge, Jury and Executioner can we?... he should have been arrested and brought in for questioning.
"Ooops, I thought he had a gun" is not good enough excuse anymore, that one's been used too often.
I'd like to think if I was suspected of a crime, no matter how serious or regardless of any previous that I would get a fair trial.

Wouldn't you?

Last edited:
There are lots of forks in the road in life.
One is a fork which divides those who have seen the effects of a gunshot wound to the human body and had a loaded gun pointed at them, and those who haven't.

Last edited:
As in all walks of life, mistakes are made, but some are very much bigger than others, such as a blind stick being taken for a samurai sword... This then leads to the whole lot being ridiculed.

Back