Savage SUCKS

6pt-sika

I've been dealing with Savage Arms for going on three months now to remedy a problem I had with one of their products !

About 45 days ago they told me they couldn't fix the problem and would replace it with something of my choice at a discounted price .

After we agreed on the item and amount of cost to me it's been about a month with nothing in my hands .

I am pretty certain when the new gun arrives I will sell it as well as one of my other Savage guns .

Last edited:
I've been dealing with Savage Arms for going on three months now to remedy a problem I had with one of their products !

About 45 days ago they told me they couldn't fix the problem and would replace it with something of my choice at a discounted price .

After we agreed on the item and amount of cost to me it's been about a month with nothing in my hands .

I am pretty certain when the new gun arrives I will sell it as well as one of my other Savage guns .

That's a blind sided smack.
Why don't you tell us the problem they won't address so we can justifiably share your outrage. I mean as far as we know you irreparably messed with one of their rifles and want it fixed. I've had nothing but good dealings with Savage.~Muir

That's a blind sided smack.
Why don't you tell us the problem they won't address so we can justifiably share your outrage. I mean as far as we know you irreparably messed with one of their rifles and want it fixed. I've had nothing but good dealings with Savage.~Muir

Savage ML10-II 50 cal , rebarreled in october at my cost , returned to me and it would not fire if left loaded for 12 hours . Not acceptable for a inline ML . Retuened after having fired less then 40 times . They fiddle F'd around with it for 2 weeks and said they cut the action in half . Told me they would replace with another ML , said thats fine by me . Get a call a week later and say we don't have all the parts to replace as this model was discontinued two years ago which I knew . Then they say we will let you have anything else in the catalog with a $300 credit and 60% discount . Meaning more money out of pocket for me !
We argued that one for a week until we came to a suitable agreement .The model I chose was about the same price dealer cost as what I had in the ML .

We finally settled on model and price over a month ago and have not seen it yet !

Besides the rifle they are supposedly sending me I have a Savage 210F and a 220 both rifled shotgun bolt actions . I suspect I will sell the 220 now as well as the new rifle when I finally get it . I'll keep the 210 because I have some sentimental attachment to it .

Unless something changes and that gun gets here PDQ they won't get to many good comments from me at the shop trying to sell their product .

It won't fire at all?? I have experienced the need for multiple caps with ML rifles in cold or humid environments where the rifle was brought indoors after the hunt and condensation formed. I have since gotten into the habit of discharging the weapon at the end of evrey hunting day. Saves me grief. Hope they get it fixed for you though frankly, I'm not sure what they could do to cure that.... but I'm not an in-line guy. What do you think is the problem??~Muir

It won't fire at all?? I have experienced the need for multiple caps with ML rifles in cold or humid environments where the rifle was brought indoors after the hunt and condensation formed. I have since gotten into the habit of discharging the weapon at the end of evrey hunting day. Saves me grief. Hope they get it fixed for you though frankly, I'm not sure what they could do to cure that.... but I'm not an in-line guy. What do you think is the problem??~Muir

Now it won't fire at all since they supposedly cut the action in half !

Before I sent it back it would do fine if it was fired within 6 hours of loading and actually shot nicely at 100 yards generally three shots in an inch .
The first barrel they claimed I had an obstruction in it and they replaced the barrel , the new barrel is the one giving me problems right off the bat . When the old barrel was on the gun I could leave it loaded a month in the house and out the house back and forth no problems firing . This new one regardless of whether it was left outside or back and forth if loaded longer then 8-12 hours it would not fire correctly .

My issue with the company is it taking well over a month since we agreed on what they would replace it with and I have nothing in my hands . Especially since the "nice" CR lady said they would send it ASAP !

ASAP my arse !

I sold a pile of their junk in the past . Those days are over !

Doesn't sound like very good service to me.

Why is it you leave it loaded though, that bit confuses me?

I never leave anything in the house loaded, I have in the past had loaded magazines locked in a seperate safe so I could pull everything out pretty quickly but I would never leave a rifle or shotgun loaded and I don't think there are many who would, could be wrong but would like to hear why you leave it that way.

Allegedly in the good old days when muzzle loading was the norm it was common practise to discharge a shotgun up a chimney if it was unfired at the end of the day. This supposedly had the benefit of also dislodging soot and cleaning the chimney.

That article advocates leaving the rifle unloaded so I am still confused why the OP does so.
The term loaded us actually misleading . Loading means charge and projectile in the barrel but no cap on the nipple . So in essence it is loaded but by normal standards unfireable . I had left this gun with the original barrel with charge in place up to a month or so with no problem getting it to discharge once it was primed .

Ah that makes it more understandable, I was of the impression that you could of picked it up and fired it, thanks for clearing that up for me, I've no experience of black powder.

Surely though ugh clearing out the powder before storing your gun would help resolve the issue and seems like 'best practice' going by the link posted previously.

Ah that makes it more understandable, I was of the impression that you could of picked it up and fired it, thanks for clearing that up for me, I've no experience of black powder.

Surely though ugh clearing out the powder before storing your gun would help resolve the issue and seems like 'best practice' going by the link posted previously.
Generally ML season in most states can last anywhere from a couple days to two or three weeks . And most folks load them at the beginning of the season and they stay loaded until they shoot or the seasons over . Each time you fire them it costs about $2-3 so if I hunted the AM fired it reloaded for the PM and fired it off that night it would cost in excess of $5 . That unto itself is not that much but when you multiply it by 12-18 days it can be a fair amount plus wasting components .

Generally ML season in most states can last anywhere from a couple days to two or three weeks . And most folks load them at the beginning of the season and they stay loaded until they shoot or the seasons over . Each time you fire them it costs about $2-3 so if I hunted the AM fired it reloaded for the PM and fired it off that night it would cost in excess of $5 . That unto itself is not that much but when you multiply it by 12-18 days it can be a fair amount plus wasting components .

Why I stick with traditional side locks. Bit of lead, a cap, some pillow ticking and some powder. As cheap as it gets.~Muir

That sounds like the usual customer service we get in this country!!

Ian.

Why I stick with traditional side locks. Bit of lead, a cap, some pillow ticking and some powder. As cheap as it gets.~Muir

Ahhhh when I go to the Blackwater NWR for my one day during the ML season after Sika Deer I want EVERYTHING I can get in MY FAVOR !

One decent Sika during the ML season makes me not as worried about shooting whitetails the rest of the year .

My experience of Savage firearms is a little out of date but the ones I saw being imported into the UK a few years ago were complete junk, they did a package deal which included some Mickey mouse scope and a sling etc. Accuracy and ability to hold zero was so poor that questions were asked about whether or not they should be allowed to be sold on animal welfare grounds.

Ahhhh when I go to the Blackwater NWR for my one day during the ML season after Sika Deer I want EVERYTHING I can get in MY FAVOR !

One decent Sika during the ML season makes me not as worried about shooting whitetails the rest of the year .

I hunt with a traditional muzzle loader because I don't want everything in my favor. Despite that, I still manage to get my deer.~Muir

My experience of Savage firearms is a little out of date but the ones I saw being imported into the UK a few years ago were complete junk, they did a package deal which included some Mickey mouse scope and a sling etc. Accuracy and ability to hold zero was so poor that questions were asked about whether or not they should be allowed to be sold on animal welfare grounds.

You are a little out of date on Savage.
Savage makes all kinds of rifles in all price ranges. The scopes on the "package deal" rifles are questionable, I will admit, but the good Savages don't come with scopes, or mounts for that matter. Dealers here usually tell the customer that when they have enough money saved, they might want to invest in a better scope.

I have a Model 11 Long Range Hunter in 308 that is smooth, reliable, and deadly. I have a 110E in .223 that is a serious half minute or better gun, and I have a 110E in 30-06 that shoots 3/4 MOA so far; but I have done only one loading for it. Tweaking will cut that. I also have a Striker bolt action handgun in 22WMR with a 10" barrel. It will stay well inside a 1" circle at 100M off of a bipod with a LER scope. Savages are accurate.~Muir

Back