Any advice for nikon stockists around herefordshire

joed

Hi,

I recently bought a .17hmr with a Nikon prostaff scope. I have lost one of the turret caps. I contacted Nikon - they said go to dealer, went to rfd where purchased, he contacted them, they said you need an account (leads me to think the scope was used - that's a different story). So long story short my local rfd can't get the replacement and I need to get one. Can anyone help or advise.

Cheers
Joe

I got a spare cap for my old style Prostaff from Jessups in the local high street.
They called got a price, I paid and it arrived a few days later.
I would think any decent camera shop that sells nikon could do the same.

Neil. :)

Dragging this up as I have had no luck with both a camera shop and an RFD neither say they can get hold of the turret caps. So are there any trade members/RFDs on here who could have a go, or at least offer an explanation as to why it isn't possible to get hold of them??

Thanks
Joe

My understanding is that Nikon recently changed their supply/dealership arrangement and started selling/distributing direct.

For a while stocks ran low everywhere and you couldn't buy a Nikon Prostaff for love nor money.

If that is the case I expect some breakdown in communication is the core of the problem - I will be chatting to one of my local RFDs later today and they stock a lot of Nikon scopes. I can ask them if you like regarding a spare cap - which particular model do you have ?

It is a bdc reticule 3-9x40. Any help is greatly appreciated

I have three of them, and no, you aren't getting any of my turret caps.

I've asked my local RFD who has said he will get back to me - he's usually on the ball so I expect a yes or no probably by tomorrow.

... and no sooner do I post the above that the phone goes...

Bad news - when Nikon stopped distributing through wholesalers all spares were brought back to Nikon, so most small RFDs won't be able to get the parts.

Large Nikon stockists who resell a high value of Nikon products can approach Nikon for spares. If you aren't above a certain value of product turnover threshold you can't get the bits any more :(

My RFD used to buy his Nikon stock from Highland Outdoors but he doesn't sell enough Nikon products to qualify for attention from Nikon regarding spares.

So it's either find a high turnover Nikon dealer who Nikon will be prepared to entertain, or make the request direct to Nikon and hope you get a better response that you first did.

Sorry - it was worth a bash...

Hmmm, I know exactly where they are, I just remembered I used to live round the corner from them and low and behold, I am going to a wedding just by their offices in three weeks. I bet I won't get any luck turning up there!!

.30-06 thanks for your help and info, that's more than I have had so far...If you change your mind about the turret caps..... :)

Well after a rather long time trying to sort these uttings have been more help than Nikon themselves. New turret caps on their way to me. Thank you uttings. Top marks

I think there's a Nikon dealer couple of doors up from Philip Morris in Hereford it's a camera shop but has lots of stuff may have an account.

Back