Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where would you go?

Where would you go?

American rockies, Highlands…..west coast NZ, OZ, Canada…. these sort of places, are the ones i dream about living in.. And after the last few months I'm thinking more and more about leaving this island of ours...

Where have you been.. where an outdoor lifestyle, wilderness and hunting/stalking etc (accessible to the common man) that you would consider moving to permanently??

Choices, choices.

1. New Zealand. They say it's like Britain 50 years ago (when things were good).

2. Canada. Somewhere remote where I could hunt and fish and hole up in the winter.

3. Montana, or one of the other northern mid west or western states. Get a bit of the pioneer spirit going.

It strikes me that a lot of places that were part of the British Empire are doing pretty well. It just seems to be us that's screwing things up.

It would be hard to go past North East Victoria, for accessable & affordable hunting & fishing with a high success rate for minimal effort. Hunting for sambar on public land is perhaps one of the best kept secrets in the hunting world.

Cheers Sharkey

New Zealand if they would have me? if not Canada

Agree about NZ being like 50 years ago, thats exactly how it feels over there.
    Sharkey, whats the deal with hunting on public land in Oz?

I'm with Sharky on this but would also consider the top end, although work is not as available up there, plenty of opportunities for a Gov pro shooter i reckon in a number of locations.

Anywhere where there is no internet or mobile phone signal.

....the Bunny Ranch, Vegas
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest

New Zealand! Central North Island, Kings country, Volcanic Plateau, The Waikato, Hawks Bay, Bay of Plenty. Any or either Loads of Public land to hunt. Crystal clear seas to fish, and King sized trout to catch.

Why !! Because I live here already.