Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Walking Boots?

Which Walking Boots?

Can anyone give advice on walking boots? I have been using Le Chameau Mouflon, but they have started to split across the toe. Second pair I have had do this. They also squeek when you walk so not the best for stalking.

Thinking of buying a pair of Meindl, can anyone give some feedback on these or recommend an alternative.

Thanks guys

meindl dovre ex-stream are a good boot,bestard i have both pair and cant fault them,bestard have a gortex booty that you can take out fantastic if you need to dry the boot out over night.

Mendel fan hear. i bought the vakuum recently there excellent.

Meindl dovre extreme for me too - fantastic boots and well worth the money in my opinion.

Mine squeak like hell too, but rub a little bit of vasoline on the tongue and it silences them.

Scarpa GTX boots are pretty good. I did the coast to coast walk in them last year with dry and comfortable feet all the way through.

mendel extream best bit of kit to date but they dont like wet rocks my onley critisism other than that never let a drip of watter in warm and can walk milles in them recomended

Thanks guys, I will check them out.

Meindl dovre extreme get my vote.

Lundhags are also excellent.

I've also found Haix Montana's to be first class.

No one I've meet who had purchased a pair of Le Chameau Mouflon had a decent word to say from them.

Scarpa Manta's or Meindles - which ever fit better. Two things to look for - make sure they are made from a single piece of leather as most water goes in through the seams -many cheaper boots are made from lots of pieces of leather stiched together, with waterproofing from a gortex liner. Once the liner wears through, which it does pretty quickly, they will leak.

Make sure it has a stiff sole if you are going to be using them on hills / rough ground - this really supports your foot etc.

If your ground is very wet, leather or neoprene lined wellies with a walking bot sole are the way to go though.

I have the Meindl Glockners and am very pleased with them so far (about 1 month worn every day)

They are stiff but not too stiff and waterproof.

Planning on getting some Scarpa Mantas as well (off ebay, have a look) as a second pair

Avoid Le Chameau, look good but arent a patch on the Meindl