bisley

It was a 1000yd day, nice weather,wind did get up to a 308 10 moa windage, zeroing went well,6 shot zero with my 6.5 06,there was some accurate high bc cals in the line up,260 ackleys and 6mm br, I did notice these shooters were using rear supports and I thought I havent got much hope of beating them prone but I was going to try, damn I was good and took no1 spot, the 6.5 06 is a real tackdriver, I had another go with my 308 and came 2nd, had a great day and a great result :D

Good work Swaro. I assume that the pictures of your targets will be posted shortly? Nothing like blowing your own trumpet but when it's deserved good on you! After all, none of the losers are going to blow it for you are they?
Baguio

Sounds like an excellent forfeit if shooting against Cheltenham Ladies College Shooting Team

According to their headmistress, you're right:

ac6e53afd1ffcf98555d26f13089a790.jpg

OK I'll agree. She looks like she could suck a melon through a garden hose that one! :drool: I'll bet she's had a few spankings in her time too although maybe not from swaro?
Baguio

Last edited:
According to the Berger reloading manual their 140 grain VLD in 6.5-06 shoots flatter and has less wind drift than anything in either 25-06 or 270; an excellent choice of calibre.

Just over 26 moa elevation at 1000yds with 142gr smk doing around 2880fps,windage I am not 100 percent because the wind changes so much, I had about 10 moa in my 308, in my 6.5 06 an hour earlier in had 1.5 ish milrad, cant remember exactly, its really accurate out to 1000yds, hopefully I will get to try it out to 1400yds

I bought some 140gr berger hybrids off spud the other day to try, ive got 10 made ready, I might run a couple through the chrony to see what they're doing, if they shoot better than the 142gr smks that would be something :eek::D

Back