Smith & Wesson .460 calibre

my variation has been in two weeks now i don't understand what humberside are messing about at i thought it would be simple doing a one for one, wayne

Very handy chambering, can chamber 45 Colt, 454 Casull and .460.

Only thing really more powerful is the .500 S&W that is readily available. (How does 2,800 ftlbs in your hand sound?)

ATB,

Scrummy

I shot a .454 Casull at Bisley back in the Day. £1 a pop on the Pistol Range. It was not as bad as you think. Also shot a .308 Pistol.
Good Luck to them I say. Shooting is for enjoying and that looks a hoot.

Yorkie.

I have shot a 12bore single hand outstretched to get a clean shot at a Cobra near a child and it bumped my wrist more than I really liked. So some of these big pistols look a bit fierce for a wimp like what I is!

David.

Never shot anything bigger than a .44Mag. Perhaps I should rent the "Big Smith' " next time I'm at the range...

S&W's 460 and 500 handguns are heavy and difficult to carry. About a mile with one of those guns hanging off of you will make you wish you'd rethought the purchase. I shoot a lot of handgun and enjoy hunting with them. The big Smiths Aren't even on my radar.~Muir

(I hunt big game with a S&W Model 29 44mag, a Ruger Redhawk 44 mag when I'm in rough country, and an 8" Model 27 S&W in 357. I pack a Ruger Blackhawk .357 4.5")

Last edited:
shot a 2" s&w 44mag once , most spiteful thing I've ever fired , my 8 3/8 mod 29 was a pussy cat in comparison and fired the same ammo. The casul is a great bit of kit and nice to shoot but to be honest I think that once your at that power level it really ought to be fired from the shoulder?

Back