Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The British shooting show

The British shooting show

Hi Guys

The British shooting show is only just over 3 weeks away and I can't wait to go and have a good Browse around! I am looking forward to seeing and comparing the Sig 522 and the S&W M&P 15-22 tactical .22 semi autos

What are you waiting to check out????

Don't mention tactotool on here or you will be branded a heathen
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Kid in a sweet shop syndrome, that'll be me. I'm after a .223 rifle and I'm really undecided what I want. I've been wanting one for about six months and faffing about. So hopefully I'll see something that'll take my fancy. Knowing me I'll go looking for a rifle and go and buy something totally different.

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd buy a rifle at the show, but maybe I'll see something that I like. I could do with some good quality trousers. Those Harkila Pro Shooters are mighty inviting, but I wonder if something else could tempt me. Being in the market for a rifle, I'll also be in the market for some accessories, a juicy scope and perhaps a sling (might have one of those around somewhere though), a bipod perhaps and a slip. Binoculars always interest me.

So, if you're going on the Friday and if you see a slightly confused bloke with a twinkle in his eye and sporting an inane grin, feel free to say hello.

Pedro - Pesca has a Tikka T3 .223 & Moderator for sale it's advertised on NVUK

Thanks, I did see it and could be interested. But I'll see what the show brings first. I shouldn't think it'll hang around too long though, that one, they seem to go pretty quickly.

I'm awaiting my ticket back from Licensing.
    Spare slots for 17HMR, 22LR, 17 Hornet, .243, .308, oh and 9.3x62!!
    Going with the guys from work, taking a minibus!
    my wife is going to have kittens...........
    You live and learn........
    .........or you don't live long

As has been said before its a bit like being a kid in a sweet shop.. At the moment I am waiting for my licence to come back after a variation, but the way its going its liable to turn up after I have left for the show. I usually stock up on ammo or reloading bits, luckily I wont have to drive as hopefully a few of use in the gun club are getting a minibus organisedLets hope it has plenty of storage space

A trouble free trip through the last 4 miles would be OK.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

TA6319 You could try having a word with your firearms department explaining that you need your certificate ( with variation ) back In order to purchase a rifle ( and ammo) at the British shooting show, they might be helpful and speed things up to get it back in time. It's certainly worth a try.
    Last edited by paultap; 23-01-2014 at 10:40.