More Leatherwork from Ash

finnbear270

Ever had a rifle come off your shoulder while scratting your way up a 1 in 3 incline, made up of heather & spaggy moss?,Ever wished you had another pair of hands to keep putting that rifle back where it should be when dragging rudolph on your own? I decided to ask Ash to make me a version of the bi-athlon ski & shoot sling system, well as usual he's come up with the goods first try!, I asked him to build it a little more robust than the racing rigs they use on comps, it's turned out spot on, a couple of points, I am not one for cosmetics over functionality, so a small blemish on part of the leather does not detract from my pleasure in receiving this bit of kit, & anyone thinking it looks a tad heavy would be wrong, even with the quality brass thats on here I reckon the increase in comfort & safety is worth the tiny increase in weight, when wearing the rig I cannot foul the buttstock with my wellies at full bend of the knee, & the mod will clear the low stuff with a gentle stoop. No difference in dismount into the aim, just a firm shrug of the shoulder & your ready.
Picture001-1.jpg
Picture002-1.jpg
Picture002-1.jpg
Picture005.jpg
Picture006.jpg
8)

recieved a full length leather gunslip for our sons 18th
birthday from ash very pleased indeed
It made the gear at a local shooting supplies look **** :eek:
regards pete .

finnbear270 said:
my photography skills are a little bit wanting, the loops are for thumb grips, but my camera skills have made them look overly large. :lol:

Thanks.

Thought that might be, or that you just had very large thumbs.

Nice bit of kit. Move the sling swivells to the side of the stock and it will sit even better on your back.

Well after seeing this and fixing the new stud to the forestock of my rifle and of course finding it don't like staying upright with the Wildcat fitted :rolleyes: using a normal sling I got in touch with Ash and he is going to make me one up for my artillery piece ;)

It should help carry the 11lbs rig without crippling me ...................... I hope. I didn't realise this rifle weighed so much :oops: I think Ash thought I needed it yesterday :lol: but as I told him with Dad being ill my stalk will have to be postponed so there is no mad rush.

Back