Best night vision

Tomm

Hello. I am after a night vision set up for a .243. I want to be able to identify foxes at 300 ish yards. Not to be able to shoot at those ranges but I want to be able to see so I can either move in or move on, I have an ns200 but I don't like the screen system. I don't know weather an add on will give me this but I would like to be able to shoot the scope in the day, I currently use a swaro z4 but would consider changing scopes if need be, thanks for any suggestions I get. Cheers

Probably the Archer is still the best but as with most night vision it depends on how much you want to spend! The Archer with a good IR will pick up foxes out to 250-300 yards.
The Photon for its price does remarkably well possibly 300 yards would be stretching it but again as with all NV much depends on the infra red source.
Starlight are bringing out a new add on in the next few weeks which may be worth a look at.
If money is no object the way to go is thermal or a Longbow Day/night scope.

Give the guys at Scot country a call Im sure they will have some kit to suit your needs, they may reply to your post if the see it.

there is a wealth of stuff out there. Basically what is your budget? That will guide as to what to advise.

+1 Good advise I went with my budget and got a yukon photon started off with mixed views but now with magnification doublers and focus improving lenses it works very well I use mine for rabbits on Air rifle and .17hmr plus foxes with .22-250 looks bloody smart on Rifle to.

Starlight longbow got one on my .243 love it use the scope normally during the day and to zero then change the back for night vision. I can see foxes at night so far away. Thought I would miss my Swarovski during the day but I don't the scope is great. They are expensive but I have never regretted it.

Starlight longbow got one on my .243 love it use the scope normally during the day and to zero then change the back for night vision. I can see foxes at night so far away. Thought I would miss my Swarovski during the day but I don't the scope is great. They are expensive but I have never regretted it.

I am chewing over the longbow. I am hoping that scott country have one at the shooting show for me to look through.

thanks for all of the sugestions so far. iv read good and bad things on the photon so not sure on that one. my budget is arounf 1500 but if it was more around the 500 tht would be even better.i was hoping for an add on so i can spot with it then slip it on for the shot, thanks all

If you want the best get a D760 forget about the other this unit will blow your mind for fox control and nothing else needed you could throw in a pvs 14 as a spotter and the world is your oyster

Last edited:
Not an add on but ATN 410 Spartan is worth a serious look very good unit cheaper than your budget so me brilliant reviews and clips on youtube.

Just thought I'd throw that in to the equation :)

I have a photon with doubler and a marky610 adapter so it doesn't void the warranty, add on IR (pulsar x850) and a coaster which makes it sooo much easier to focus. All of that for £608 delivered :)

Without the doubler I could still make out sheep at 350-400 yards but with the doubler I would be happy shooting out to 300 yards on a fox as it takes the mag up to 8x, drop it in to QR rings and you have something that if you don't want to use it during the day (which Ive had no problems with btw) you can just drop on another scope.

The only caveat is that it looks quite long on my rifle as the doubler and adapter take it up another 100mm in length but its still not that heavy.

Its horses for courses everyone likes something else but for under £650 you will have a setup that will do a very good job, leaving the other £1000 to spend on another rifle or treat yourself to a nice holiday!

What about this idea keep the lovely swarovski on the rifle and get your self a good hand held nv. Ask your self the question of do I really need it, is it your profession or hobbie and will you get the use out of it. To really be safe to identify at good distance you need to spend good money. If you go for a dedicated you will get fed up of swinging the rifle round and in the end get a hand held anyway to do the job properly and safely. I sold my dedicated nv got rid of a rifle, I use my normal fox rifle with a night master 800, watch them come in on the hand held and when they are nice and close pop! I still get all the tricky ones in the end for a fraction of the cost. Just a thought?

Hi all

If you wish to go dedicated NV personally I would recommend for your budget the N750 with a Nightmaster NM800 which will give you a realistic usage of 200yards, possibly more, which for most is more than enough performance, we have a demo unit which you can try on the 7 day demo service, however we will have all these units at the British Shooting Show.

As for a DSA to conserve your own day scopes, as people have suggested the Archer takes a lot of beating, with the only downside being the mounting position.

The DFA75 is an another alternative, and being front mounted doesnt have these issues.

Longbow is the best of both worlds, but at a price.

Singing Stalker, we will have demo Gen 2+ Longbows at the show indeed.

Look forward to meeting you there.

I am currently editing all the show video footage for the event.

Best Regards

Paul

I have a photon with doubler and a marky610 adapter so it doesn't void the warranty, add on IR (pulsar x850) and a coaster which makes it sooo much easier to focus. All of that for £608 delivered :)

Without the doubler I could still make out sheep at 350-400 yards but with the doubler I would be happy shooting out to 300 yards on a fox as it takes the mag up to 8x, drop it in to QR rings and you have something that if you don't want to use it during the day (which Ive had no problems with btw) you can just drop on another scope.

The only caveat is that it looks quite long on my rifle as the doubler and adapter take it up another 100mm in length but its still not that heavy.

Its horses for courses everyone likes something else but for under £650 you will have a setup that will do a very good job, leaving the other £1000 to spend on another rifle or treat yourself to a nice holiday!

Hi Tim
Sounds a really nice setup you have there I must get the doubler, adaptor and coaster for mine I have made two lense caps a 23mm one and a 25mm one to improve focus Photon is on my BSA Hornet at the Month (air rifle) may put it on .22-250 when I have doubler, coaster etc.
Hope you like the pulsar x850
Speak soon I'll send you pm
Steve

Back