Kahles 2.5 power scope model number 2L2.

Gazza0208

Does anyone know when these were made or thereabouts, and whats the going rate for one in average condition. I ask as I have been given a box of "Old scopes" and this was in it amongst other things.....great little scope..
Khales 2.5 power scope model number 2L2.
It's a measures as a 26mm tube scope, European heavy post and cross hairs reticle.
All fairly good just minor knocks - optics typically excellent.

Why not contact Khales and ask them to date it.

Going rate is what you can get someone to pay for it.

I will contact them, and I saw one, and one only for sale, but cant see any figures and that was on the Internet in NZ.

Very nice little scope. Just as a guide I paid £150 about three years ago for a 1-4x20 Nickel Marburg Scope of similar vintage - late 1960's / early 1970's. Optics are brilliant and I have used it on a 22rf but its destined for the combination gun if and when I go wild boar shooting. In many scopes of this vintage the reticle moves when you look through the scope so its helpful if there is some adjustment, especially windage in the mounts. That way you pretty much zero on the mounts and then final adjustment with the scope - it looks a bit odd if the cross hairs are to one side.

That is a very nice little scope. It would be perfect for big stuff up close, or timber hunting. It's getting harder to find good fixed power , low magnification scopes these days. They are still being made but most local dealers around here don't stock them because of low sales . It seems most people want higher powered variables with mil dot cross-hairs.......... just the thing for shooting white-tails at 50 yards apparently........... sorry , crusty old fart moment.

AB

Funny that, in Europe you see them used a lot more for all varied shooting activities.

Until about five or so years ago, it was the same situation here. For some reason the trend among the hunting community is toward high power variable scopes with complicated reticals . I don't have anything against these scopes, I own and use a few of them myself, but for some situations a low power simple scope is hard to beat. I ran into a young guy last fall with a Marlin 336 in 30/30 Win, a great brush rifle for deer and even Black Bear. He had a 4 to 12 power scope on it that was almost as long as the barrel . It's not for me to tell anyone what to do with their rifles but a scope like the one above would be perfect for that type of rig. I have a Ruger in 45/70 that has a fixed 2.5 power scope on it, and to be honest I've never felt the need for more magnification. To each his own I guess, but I always think of my Dad when I see this . Many years ago , a friend of mine showed up in hunting camp with a brand new rifle in 300 Win Mag and a high powered variable scope. The old man took a look at Blaine , who wasn't known as a good shot , and told him " You don't need a bigger scope boy, you need closer Moose ".

AB

Kahles came back in no time at all, made in 1961 and a PDF of the instructions and booklet, brilliant.

Back