Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shotguns

Benelli m2 anyone got one...what they like. I have a Winchester select light, I'm thinking of parting with to get a m2. Not doing much clay shooting, and I cringe every time I have to take the Winchester pigeon shooting, I have to climb a few fences with barn wire on top, always worried about the wood and the Winchester.
    Should I just keep her or trade for a m2
    "Seek the wisdom of ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child"

I love my M2. Still can't hit anything with it though. I'm a rifle man at heart...

Had an M2 for five years now.Never failed to cycle anything.Dead easy to strip and clean,tough as old boots.
    you cant go wrong.

Got an M2 on fac in 20g, and an M3 in 12g. Both very good shotguns. If beretta did a 20g multishot (that is more than 4 shots) I would've had it as I love them.

The Benelli is every bit as good though once you find shells it likes (not really a prob with the berettas). Now I own one I can see what the hype was all about. Great handling and very fast recycle times. Have repeatedly dropped4+ pigeons in a flock with it.

The M3 is just an awesome tool/toy. 10 minute job to drop off std stock to pistol grip for PSG.

I am a benelli convert.
    Last edited by The Burpster; 27-01-2014 at 22:17. Reason: Typo

So should I ditch the o/u for a do it all semi??

I own a beretta extreama 2 semi auto which is built like a tank and a 100% relieable and can be converted to 10 or12 shot if wanted. A great investment for clay hide or wild fowling.only down side is its a big gun to snap shoot woodcock etc with. Like Paddy i cant shoot for **** since i bought my 700 PSS but a great gun nether the less.Hugh.

I use an M2 at work in spring, brilliant gun you won't go wrong as said before easy to clean, handles well and cycles flawlessly plus you don't mind it getting a bit dented in the truck.

Cheers for replies

I sold my O/U for another auto, A400 Xtreme this time. I've also got an AL391 in 20 bore. The O/U just wasn't getting used enough. Autos suit my needs better and I've got a SxS for game shooting when I need it. I don't miss the O/U at all. If you want an M2, go for it fella.

My mate had the m2 I've used it a few times , it was a nice gun to shoot and cycled effortlessly I just prefer sxs but if I wanted an auto that's the one I'd get
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions