Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highseats

Over the last year or so I have gained considerable pleasure in stalking from high seats. On my ground here in Aberdeenshire I have two high seats, a lean too and a free standing one which I bought through the sporting press. They are both made of metal and require little maintenance.

I have decided to put more on my ground both free standing and lean to. However, on looking at the price of them I thought I may get more pleasure out of building them my self rather than buying them, especially those made from timber. I have seen the odd picture of them in the sporting press. I was wondering if any SD chaps have made any and if so can advise me where I can get a set of plans from?

It was a long time ago since I passed GCE "O" leval woodwork but I rather fancy having a try.

Just remember to brace, and consider loaded 'points' and you cant go wrong.

and remember for the lean too type to pick a good

get hold of ian f from this site he runs courses on building wooded highseats so if its plans you want send him a pm he may be able to help

Looks like it could have been hit by a Ford ranger..

This seat is built from easily available materials. It stands on 4x8' posts so floor height is 8' Shooting rail about 11' Construction less than a day with a sliding chopsaw to cut the treads. If of interest I can do a sketch of the design. I also have a couple here (west Lothian)without ground to use them on. Always ready to talk not necessarily money Jim

Always ready to talk not necessarily money
    If you give me your number I'll talk dirty if ya want 8)

Quote Originally Posted by apollo
    and remember for the lean too type to pick a good

I wouldn't of liked to have been sat in the metal seat!

- Begs the question - why two seats!?

Knocked this up with no plans, just make it up as you go along the only things you need to think about is a means of securing it and setting the height of the shooting rail to suit you.