My Introduction

124DM

Hi,

My name's Declan, I'm 22 and from East Sussex. I've been shooting since the age of 7, when my dad first introduced me to air rifles. My great grandad was a farm manager for most of his life and my grandad is a great countryman taking part in hedgelaying comps and other activities including shotgun shooting, he is one of my biggest influences for starting shooting. From the age of 12 I started helping out with lamping and attending deer stalks with a friend of my fathers.
When I was at school I attending Plumpton College for the 14-16 NVQ in Agriculture, from there I did a national Diploma in Game Management and a few other shooting related certificates at the same place. Also did my DSC 1 with the BDS.
I enjoy fishing, rough shooting, driven/walked up days, lamping bunnies and foxes, pigeon and corvid decoying, cooking (particularly with game), hedgelaying and coppicing, other wildlife/conservationist activities and of course deer stalking. Have had my Shotgun licence for nearly 7 years now and had my firearm certificate for 5 years. I have a side by side 12 Bore, side by side .410, a bolt action .22LR CZ (vermin condition) and a Browning Xbolt stainless stalker .243 (fox and deer conditions) all of which I enjoy shooting often over a few farms and a golf course of which i have permission. I used to shoot targets down my local gun club too (South Downs Rifle and Pistol club). Always wanted a job as a professional deer manager or wildlife ranger specifically interacting with deer and vermin management, but the jobs seem too far and few between and very competitive to actually get the position , so currently just stuck in a job that earns me the money I need.
I also enjoy music and playing bass and going and having a drink with my mates just like everybody else does and that's basically me :).

I enjoy most field sports and being out in the countryside and always looking for new permissions and currently specifically looking for Deer permissions or even syndicate membership/ a lease somewhere in Sussex

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread, it would be good to hear from some like minded people.

Last edited:
Back