Wanted: Deer stalking Syndicate membership or lease in Sussex

124DM

Hi,

I'm looking for a stalking syndicate to join or possibly a lease (I would be happy also to share a lease), somewhere in the south east, preferably Sussex area. I Have DSC 1, also a National Diploma at triple distinction level in Game management inc. modules on firearms and deer and other shooting related qualifications, I have experience, FAC with the relevant conditions and appropriate rifle, I'm very responsible and BASC insured.
I have had a lease once before i shared with a friend but unfortunately the Keeper that leased it to us, did not own the sporting rights/was not allowed to sub-let (and so he got into trouble for it and we had our money refunded), which was very disappointing..I'm happy with any land lay-out and whatever species it has, even if it's just purely Roe deer or Muntjac deer. It would be really appreciated if anyone has any ground available/available to lease/ a syndicate opening (will pay) or knows of any someone who has and can get in contact

Thank you

Last edited:
Unless you have contacts or a big pile of cash, you're probably going to have to join the end of a very long queue!

there really should be a sub forum specifically for new members who jump straight in with requests like this.
With all due respect to the OP, who's intro I read earlier and thought was a brilliant introduction as they go, (why others seem incapable of doing similar I have no idea), this is a forum packed full, not unsurprisingly, of like minded folk who all want the same thing, many of whom go years without ever achieving it, so, unless you happen to land lucky on something, be prepared to wait in the wings until something gets advertised, and then enter the scrum with everyone else, in many ways, you are in the worst possible place for finding stalking when you think about it, way too much competition, get out there and ask the farmer than nobody else has ever asked before and you stand far more of a chance, especially if you are prepared to pay.......

My apologies if it appeared rude to jump in with these questions. I did read the sites instructions and such through and thought it would be considered ruder if I did not write one before asking such questions. I included as much detail about myself and interests as I could without going too OTT. I have been stalking on my own permissions for a few years but in the last year the majority of Roe that I managed on a golf course have been poached at night, causing numbers to dwindle ridiculously... as some evidence seems to point and me and the green keeper seem to agree on. Also as I said above the last lease i paid for was illegal due to a keeper being greedy and subletting rights he wasn't allowed to (back in 2009 ). Both things a great shame. I still get free or 'do abit of work on the shoot for us and you can come shoot a few' basis -stalking invites from friends such as other stalkers and a keeper friend sometimes. But as you know, it is nice to have your own ground you can just go to. Since '09 I have constantly looked for adverts, forums, asked stalking mates etc but haven't had much luck but wasn't too bothered as I had the golf course, which is now dead..So that has my search a little more in-depth and this was the last place i came to lol - but as you you say, it was probably the worst place for me to ask, nonetheless I felt the need to exhaust as many options as possible. I do ask around farms a lot, I have a couple of places/farms still on my list to visit, but they will be my last hope in terms of land permission...and as you say, there may be more of a chance if I offered X amount to stalk on the grounds, so this I may have to do. Thanks for replying

Not necessarily the case. I know of 3 spaces on a syndicate on the kent sussex border at very reasonable money
Atb steve

My apologies if it appeared rude to jump in with these questions. I did read the sites instructions and such through and thought it would be considered ruder if I did not write one before asking such questions. I included as much detail about myself and interests as I could without going too OTT. I have been stalking on my own permissions for a few years but in the last year the majority of Roe that I managed on a golf course have been poached at night, causing numbers to dwindle ridiculously... as some evidence seems to point and me and the green keeper seem to agree on. Also as I said above the last lease i paid for was illegal due to a keeper being greedy and subletting rights he wasn't allowed to (back in 2009 ). Both things a great shame. I still get free or 'do abit of work on the shoot for us and you can come shoot a few' basis -stalking invites from friends such as other stalkers and a keeper friend sometimes. But as you know, it is nice to have your own ground you can just go to. Since '09 I have constantly looked for adverts, forums, asked stalking mates etc but haven't had much luck but wasn't too bothered as I had the golf course, which is now dead..So that has my search a little more in-depth and this was the last place i came to lol - but as you you say, it was probably the worst place for me to ask, nonetheless I felt the need to exhaust as many options as possible. I do ask around farms a lot, I have a couple of places/farms still on my list to visit, but they will be my last hope in terms of land permission...and as you say, there may be more of a chance if I offered X amount to stalk on the grounds, so this I may have to do. Thanks for replying

Sorry, it wasn't really a dig, and as I say, you absolutely followed site rules with a great intro, fair play to you, but there are threads asking for easy ways in on an almost weekly basis it seems so the responses tend to get a bit repetitive! But, you may have done as I suggested and landed lucky looking at Sussex fallows response, best of luck to you!

Haha jimmy surprised they havent been snapped up. 650 for 10 outings and you get to keep the 1st 2 fallow you shoot
Atb steve

Back