Have you been approached by BBC Countryfile

Tamus

Have you?

With regard to their intention to film a piece on firearms, next week.

Have nothing to do with them.

I was involved in a 'piece' and bit of filming for Countryfile about 4 years ago.
Was a story involving fisheries.
They went completely off the agreed agenda and just wanted sensationalised / politically sensitive aspects of the story and were not interested in the nuts and bolts...the facts. The level of editing involved was shocking and the final piece that was broadcast was hardly recognisable compared to the material that we covered during filming.....horrendous spin on it. As a contributor to a piece for the BBC you have NO editorial control at all...they even make you sign a document agreeing as such.

The presenter that I have the misfortune to work with was Tom Heap.
He was an abrupt, rude and down right unpleasant fellow to work with !

I would honestly advise you to think twice about working with Countryfile.
Although it may be generally viewed as a light weight informative pseudo-country programme, they are in fact quite politically driven and like a 'hot' story to add to their generally bland offerings on a Sunday

Rant over !

CVK

Tom 'shlt' Heap.. What a plonker.

dont get me started on that programme. If theres a reason to object to TV licences, countrylie is it..

Have nothing to do with them.

I was involved in a 'piece' and bit of filming for Countryfile about 4 years ago.
Was a story involving fisheries.
They went completely off the agreed agenda and just wanted sensationalised / politically sensitive aspects of the story and were not interested in the nuts and bolts...the facts. The level of editing involved was shocking and the final piece that was broadcast was hardly recognisable compared to the material that we covered during filming.....horrendous spin on it. As a contributor to a piece for the BBC you have NO editorial control at all...they even make you sign a document agreeing as such.

The presenter that I have the misfortune to work with was Tom Heap.
He was an abrupt, rude and down right unpleasant fellow to work with !

I would honestly advise you to think twice about working with Countryfile.
Although it may be generally viewed as a light weight informative pseudo-country programme, they are in fact quite politically driven and like a 'hot' story to add to their generally bland offerings on a Sunday

Rant over !

CVK
If they want a something to liven up their bland offerings I could give them a story about public sector attitudes to wild deer on the Isle of Wight !

atb Tim

I would just be very careful with them as you could end up shooting yourself in the foot with them
And any unwanted person's you want on your ground, as what craigievarkiller has said.? :!:

If they want a something to liven up their bland offerings I could give them a story about public sector attitudes to wild deer on the Isle of Wight !

You could Tim, but what you couldn't control is which side they would take and you might find you came out of it a lot worse than you went in. It is very, very rare for any genuine and honest person to come away from contact with the media feeling better than when they went in, most feel misrepresented, lied to, mislead and that they've been taken for a ride.

No part of the media is about the truth, it is about sensationalist entertainment and, as such, complex situations that require an understanding of many factors are rarely well presented. It is also the case that many people involved appear to have personal agendas.

You could Tim, but what you couldn't control is which side they would take and you might find you came out of it a lot worse than you went in. It is very, very rare for any genuine and honest person to come away from contact with the media feeling better than when they went in, most feel misrepresented, lied to, mislead and that they've been taken for a ride.

No part of the media is about the truth, it is about sensationalist entertainment and, as such, complex situations that require an understanding of many factors are rarely well presented. It is also the case that many people involved appear to have personal agendas.

We should have a like button on this forum

here here ! +1

Yes, I fear that you might be right.

atb Tim

just about the truest thing ever spoken on the SD...

If I have been contacted by country file just what has it got to do with BASC .

Well given that they have full time staff to deal with public relations, response to enquiry and are in the public eye more than any (or all) of the entire SD membership I think it is only decent of them to offer any assistance in getting YOUR points across without being misled by the Countryfile producers.

very easy to take a sound bite and play it out of context

I was once interviewed for the Scotman and none of what was printed was in context

Here we go!
:stir:

where are we going Jabal hunter if you've got the cash i'll go anywhere.

The email I got was sparse of content about the country file question ,is it to much to ask why ,no it is not .

Ive just called Simon and asked ,since no one on here has a clue .

I now know why .

Back