Thermal scope

I've yet to see that good an image from any Flir I've seen so I'd be taking that advert with a pinch of salt until seeing some independent info :cool:

Not available yet but watch this space, there are lots of interesting things coming in 2015, but it will be at least the end of 2014 before we see anything like that here, apart from maybe one which you "may" see earlier (cough)

For a thermal rifle scope to be any good for vermin control I think it needs to have more resolution that what is currently available at the consumer end of the market, I personally wouldn't be happy with one based on the Pulsar HD or the Guide for that matter, they work very well as spotters but I would not want to shoot with one, the picture just is not clear enough when compared to tubed or digital units.

I did have a look through a very expensive military grade thermal weapons scope last year and it was very apparent that the consumer end of the market has a long way to go yet

For a thermal rifle scope to be any good for vermin control I think it needs to have more resolution that what is currently available at the consumer end of the market, I personally wouldn't be happy with one based on the Pulsar HD or the Guide for that matter, they work very well as spotters but I would not want to shoot with one, the picture just is not clear enough when compared to tubed or digital units.

I did have a look through a very expensive military grade thermal weapons scope last year and it was very apparent that the consumer end of the market has a long way to go yet

+1 - absolutely

Back