Dilema-help me decide

Stringer

I have just sent my Docter 3 – 12 x 56 IR scope off to be repaired under warranty and been lent an Airgun scope by the dealer to get me by. Problem is, I have a couple of days away stalking planned for the 3rd & 4th of January and am paranoid that the loan scope is not up to the job and I’m left high and dry.

So here are my choices

1. Be patient and wait for scope to be returned after warranty repair and hope and pray that the cheapo scope will be up to the job.
2. Trade scope in (dealer has made me a reasonable offer) against a Swarovski 8x 56 that he has on his shelf. Problem with this option is, will I’ll miss the variable mag and IR?
3. Just buy the Swarovski outright then either sell or hang onto Docter when it comes back.

There is the additional complication of Mrs. S who recons that I spend too much on stalking gear as it is.

So what would you do?

Where are you going stalking. I have a couple of scopes that you may be able to borrow if you are passing me (NE Scotland).

If not, you could buy one.

PM me for details.

Roedinator said:
buy the swaro 8x56 you wont be disapointed

I personally find that for hunting the fixed power superior to variable, much less to think about best of luck whatever you decide and safe hunting :D

Stringer,

I'm not sure where you are located, however I am living in Wiltshire, Salisbury area. If you live local I have a Schmidt Bender 1.5x6-42 Sniper scope sat idle in the safe.

If you need a scope to cover the period your scope is away then I have one available and you are more than welcome to borrow it.

Optics are crystal clear.

Let me know either way mate.

Regards

Steyr

Thanks for the replies and PMs. Some very generous offers of loan gear which considering the value of the stuff is really above and beyond.

However I have bitten the bullet this morning an am now the proud owner of the Swarovski 8*56. Never did the trade in so there may ( assuming I get on with the fixed mag scope) be a Docter 3-12*56 illuminated for sale in the not too distant future. ;)

Once again thanks guys.

Back