Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New video series idea

New video series idea

During the season we all have quiet periods, such as March when we dont really want to shoot big does or when it is windy and wet... (like the last two months ). I was thinking about filming some sort of interviews with either knowledgeable people that have something interesting to say about deer management, stalking, deer disease or really anything else deer related that could benefit others as well as those experienced fellows among us that have a gift to spin a yarn.. Not sure if it is something interesting, but I thought I could give it a shot.
    So if you know someone that you think has something interesting to say about deer and would be willing to participate let me know either here or PM me. Forgot to say it would be great if he/she did not live at the other end of the country...

good idea greg , you should give it a go

Greg I am sure it would be a hit mate your vids are good.Might also be an idea to see if the Trade members would like you to do them a turn.Look what your vid done for the Tony,s sales in quad sticks .

Good idea Greg, there are a few knowledgeable folk on here who could no doubt provide a good interview. Conversely of course you have the other end of the spectrum

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Good idea Greg,your videos are excellent.good viewing on these horrible days with all that rain,you might be out of luck filming the deer though,they have all got waders on at the moment ha

Great idea Greg.
    Itd be good to see a series of videos starting from the very beginning of the day leading through to the final cooking of the venison.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Great idea Greg.
    Itd be good to see a series of videos starting from the very beginning of the day leading through to the final cooking of the venison.
    How soon before you start fliming we need something to take our mind of this bloody wet weather .
    Great idea

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)

Are you looking at doing something for fun, or for financial return? I presume the former?

I think it would be a great idea

Particularly if you could avoid the "this is really exciting, he's just about to take a shot at this magnificent six pointer" style of video.

I can think of a few things that might tweak the interest, such as:
    > deer recognition across the seasons
    > inspecting a carcass
    > using high seats
    > after the shot
    > deer law
    > tracking down problems with grouping/zeroing
    > "on the hill" vs "woodland stalking" vs "urban deer management"
    > stalking etiquette
    > stalking reminiscences (interview Stag1933 - there must be a whole series just there)

I'm sure there's loads more as well.

O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Greg while Willie,s post is very good and I do agree to a point .I personally would put a long interview with Stag1933 at the top of my list.He will not write down his experiences in a book so a video would be great .PS a gent to talk to .

Would hue be up for this.
    I am sure the Deer Group could cover your expenses as long as we get sole rights
    Or JayB could cover the costs and have it on the site

Some clips about training a bloodhound?
    Joining on a real track?
    How swap hunts develop and work out...
    Hunting in Germany.
    What to do for deer management and habitat development.
    I have loads of ideas
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.