A Night Of Heroes

Watching it now, ****ed me off to see a waster like rio ferdinand present an award to a real hero.

One is a £30.000 a year hero, the other is a £100.000 a week pampered asshole who`s not fit enough to polish a heros boots.
basil.

Got to say, I am shedding a few tears. Luckily I have never had to see anyone die or seriously hurt during my detachments. Sadly though, I have seen many passing me in coffins on their way to repatriation whilst in Basra. I think that is what is hitting home.

My thoughts are always with those in difficult circumstances. ;)

ATB

J

Sorry guys these programmes are a waste of money, if the people who devise them were to put the cash it takes to produce them , to the charities that require cash to help these soldiers, on there return from the various campaigns they would be far better off .

Much the same as Gordon Brown and Douglas Alexander going to Afghanistan to prove what .

Vote collecting exercise .mmmmmmmmmmm

The soldiers with in the camps they visited who are or ment to be on rest time, would be on clearance patrols ,QRF and plenty of other duties because these two plebs want a look see to collect a few brownie points for there election campaign.

Leave the soldiers alone would be a better campaign , get the media out of the operating zones ,let them take the gloves off and allow them to complete the job they were trained to do and stuff world opinion ,then and only then will lives be saved .

For what it is worth I know Rio is a hero to the guy he is presenting the award to. The price of wages is irrelevant here, they both participate in a profession that they love and have a passion for so in their eyes hero’s together.

2 Rifles is my Battalion, I, like you and all have also shed a few tears for all, and sadly I think we will shed a few more.

On a brighter note, I would also like to say to all SD members have a Merry Christmas and a wonderfully prosperous 2010. Well done to the admin team and may you all continue your outstanding work.

Keep your powder dry and aim straight, failing that have a good dog!!!

A friend of mine has some very strong/extreme views on the present struggle against those who would do us harm, I'm not in full agreement with his views, but I do understand his logic, He advocates the use of "Some of those rusty nukes", "Why have a big stick if you don't ever use it?" Maybe the pressure would have been lifted a little if Tora Bora had taken a hammer blow? :rolleyes:

widows son said:
Sorry guys these programmes are a waste of money,

Totally disagree..

Programmes like that are a fantastic tribute to all our Armed Forces and an insight for those that need it into the reality of war and what our lads and lasses have to contend with..

I thoroughly enjoyed it and as an ex serviceman totally support programmes in that context

As for Gordon Brown :evil: totally agree

Terry

pheasant sniper 1 said:
widows son said:
Sorry guys these programmes are a waste of money,

Totally disagree..

Programmes like that are a fantastic tribute to all our Armed Forces and an insight for those that need it into the reality of war and what our lads and lasses have to contend with..

I thoroughly enjoyed it and as an ex serviceman totally support programmes in that context

As for Gordon Brown :evil: totally agree

Terry

+1

The more people see the greater the understanding. The greater the understanding the less chance we will find ourselves in this mess at some other point in the future where another generation of young men and women have to place themselves on the firing line.

You can't put a price on education!

Back