Richard Prior Deer Review

paul k

It was interesting to read Richard Prior's reviews of 2007 in the last few editions of the Shooting Times.

Wayne's Gold Medal boar got a mention.

It is interesting to note that all 18 gold medal CWD were taken in Bedfordshire. All the 13 sika bar one came from Dorset.

There were three gold fallow (more than normal) two of which were from counties not normally noted for big fallow namely Norfolk and Shropshire.

The roe season in England was generally not good, mostly due to dodgy weather but Scotland was better. Muntjacs were pretty spread around and no new counties made the list.

The most notable report was probably that of a red stag from Cornwall which is second only to the famous Endsleigh Stag (from not too far away) as the largest wild red stag from the UK and there was another very big stag from Yorkshire in addition to four from the more usual haunts of big stags - Norfolk and Lincolnshire.

Hi Paul
which edition was the Boar mentioned I would like to order a copy or if anyone has a copy they don't want :D :D I would pay the postage. :D :D

Cheers Wayne
PS I'm away stalking in Dorset for a long weekend and then in France with work until Thursday. So if anyone has one I'll be in touch when I get back.

Thanks Wayne

Hi Wayne,

It seems that you have the offer of a copy but if that falls through I'm very happy to scan the article from mine and let you have the original.

I missed the Red and both the Scottish and English Roe Reviews in the Shooting Times this year.

If someone has the time, could they post the dates the Reviews appeared so I can try and get back issues?

Thanks.

Nick Gordon said:
I missed the Red and both the Scottish and English Roe Reviews in the Shooting Times this year.

If someone has the time, could they post the dates the Reviews appeared so I can try and get back issues?

Thanks.
English Roe: 17th Jan
Scottish Roe: 24th Jan
Other Species: 31st Jan
Scottish Reds: 14th Feb

Back