Thread: Springer

Hi Chaps i have a 6 year old springer ive had a gap in shooting for 3 years ,so we have been out twice i n cold wet weather when he comes home he is quite stiff in the rear end. i remember grey hounds suffering with this in 8 bend races. Hes a tad bit over weight as am i, Ibelieve it is somthing to do with the blood , if anyone can help please hes a great dog cheers Rob. Could it be lactic acid.
    Last edited by rob shooter; 01-02-2014 at 00:05.

Established Poster
    Nr. Lyneham, Wiltshire
    I used to shoot with a mate's springer and although he was super fit he had the same behaviour. I used to sit him in front of the fire and give him a good massage - seemed to help no end.

The dog needs checking by your vet - no questions. It could be a lot of things, but work on some weight reduction and getting the dog fit for next season.

Still needs checking.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Cheers for the info have him booked in the vets 10 am , hes eating and drinking thanks chaps. rob.

Problely going to sound funny but take him swimming a few times son get the power back in leg muscles