Thread: Outing with County Deer Stalking

Outing with County Deer Stalking

A couple of days ago I ventured out on my second stalking experience, and my first with Peter Jones from County Deer Stalking. It was a highly unusual afternoon in that it did not rain once!!!

Despite Peters every effort no shot was taken all afternoon - not for the want of trying. For me though, this was the least important part of being out. I found the whole afternoon very educational and interesting. I managed to see a couple of great examples of being within range of an animal, but no safe shot presenting itself with Peter explaining the reasons each time. As a beginner it must be more important to know when not to take a shot, as it is to know when to shoot! I am booked in to take my DSC1 in March, and Peter spent time talking me through various points that will be looked for - from rifle safety to shot selection - all really useful info.

Even though I have little comparison and experience, I would highly recommend Peter to anyone looking for an outing - especially if you are new to the world of stalking and looking to gain experience.

Sounds like a very enjoyable afternoon out by all, and a great learning day as well, wouldn't worry about grassing a beast, that will come around quicker than you think, all the best, nice write up.