How many from the SD trip in October remember the Struie?

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
I crossed there yesterday and it probably looked a bit different,
Image034.jpg

Do you remember the little bridge on the top ?

Image051.jpg

Or how about the hill that leads down to the first bridge, coming from Inverness?
oops!
Image039.jpg

here's a couple more, they are only taken with the phone I'm afraid
Image056.jpg

Image053.jpg

Image064.jpg

Image044.jpg

Image047.jpg

John

Great Pics JayB
I go over there all the time...no sunday gritting as the signs at skiach
says !!
Think the hill from the million dollar viewpoint heading north ie
downhill would have been interesting to say the least

Cheers

Orionsarms

Lol :D nice one Bob :lol: thing is we wouldn't have let you out there without your reigns on this time of year ;)

Looks like a log jam made of range rovers John :lol:

Crossed it on sunday night on the way home only to be turned back by the snow gates, looks like it got much worse after.

I can remember when that was the main route north(before the Dornoch bridge) and it was a nightmare!

I was shooting in Ayrshire last week and the journey back to Sutherland took 16 hours(normally 6). Annoying thing was that there was only about 6'' of snow, the roads just hadnt been serviced, what with that and people thinking that they were on skidoos instead of cars :rolleyes:

bobt said:
With it looking like that, a man could easily get lost up there.

Thats why we have the men with the big yellow helicopters :eek:

To quote American werewolf in London " Keep off them there moors !!" :lol:

atb

Orionsarms

Good weather for a hot whisky in front of the fire. Looks like Aberdeenshire today. We had 2" of snow on the sandbanks and mussel beds in the estuary today while the tide was out. Lots of ducks on the estuary but arm out of commission due to swine flu jab.

Bob

Nice photos John, that's proper snow right there! 8)

2" of snow down here = mayhem. I had to laugh yesterday when, driving in to work, I saw a bit of mutton dressed as lamb tottering around her car in her heels and a low cut blouse scraping snow and ice off her windscreen with a kitchen spatula. :rolleyes: :lol:

bobt said:
With it looking like that, a man could easily get lost up there.

Nice one Mike :lol:

The sense of direction could be wonky but the sense of humour is in tact which is the main thing!

:p

Alex

Ahh yes good old Struie Hill, many a time :rolleyes: especially on the early run to the airport with clients.

Looks like some work is coming in for McBrides reliable wrecks JAYB going by the log jam on the road there :eek: :lol: :lol:

You will be glad to hear that we have got rid of all the white stuff in this flat area of Kent. Although both myself and Robin are preparing for the coming battle against the Japs in Dorset :lol: :lol:

Bloody hell John, its all just white to me!!

That could be Inverness or my trip back from Dumfries on Saturday... all I know is its fun when you're going round corners in a 4x4 and press the right hand pedal a long way down! :eek:

Something I learned from my sportcar days is all roads look better sideways!

Gez

Snow

Looks like Henley! Photos taken from vehicle this morning, most of the snow fell Monday, absolute mayhem, cars abandoned everywhere.
Thankfully I have a Hilux and took the back roads :lol:

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

DSC00208.jpg
[/img]

Back