help

Lancs Lad

got my gear out the loft to have a reloading session and my lyman dps 1200 seem to have gone haywire.

they won't calibrate and are all over the place.

have been in the loft a while. dry and safe but have been cold.

anyone had a similar problem. are they fubar..

where can u get em serviced, repaired..

Leave it with the power supply on for an hour then turn it on.
Sounds like the weigh cell needs to stabilise.

From Lyman:

[h=2]DPS 1200 ELECTRONIC SCALE[/h] Below are some helpful troubleshooting hints for getting the most out of your DPS 1200 Electronic Scale:
  1. Be sure to use the adapter supplied with the scale.
    110V Adapter – Model: A21535C; AC Adapter; Class 2 Transformer
    Input: 120VAC; 60Hz; 7.5W
    Output: 15VAC; 350mA
    220V Adapter – Model: A21531GC; AC Adapter
    Input: 230V; 50Hz
    Output: 15V; 310mA; 4.65VA
  2. Verify the voltage switch on the bottom of the unit is toward the correct voltage (110V for US)
  3. Occasionally wipe the unit’s exterior and over the scale platform with a used non static dryer sheet such as a Bounce or ClingFree to inhibit static electricity.
  4. Fluorescent lights, portable and cellular phones and other electronic scales and appliances can cause erratic readings. This includes close proximity to furnaces and air conditioners.
  5. Scale must be placed on a stable, level surface, free of vibrations.
  6. Stray grains of powder under the platform will also cause the scale to “drift” and give erratic readings. Carefully lift the platform straight up and sweep away any loose powder.
  7. Verify the scale is in grain mode (GN in window) and that it reads 0.0 when calibrated. If any other reading is present, press the UNIT button until it reads 0.0.
  8. Be sure the dispensing tube is snug inside the unit.
  9. Keep out of drafts.
  10. Always allow the unit to stabilize for 24 hours if it has been in storage or out of service for a while.
  11. Empty immediately after using any nitro-based powders such as Tite Group and L’il Gun as this type of powder can damage the plastic parts.
  12. Be sure to use the restrictor plug with the DPS 3 or Upgrade Kit if the scale is overshooting.
  13. The Lyman DPS Electronic Scale is to be used with smokeless gun powder only. The use of any other material will void all warranties.

Last edited:
I have the lyman 1200 and was given a good tip and told not to have my mobile or anything like that near to the scales as it cocks up the electronics..
And they have to be sent back for recalibration thats what happened to my first one...:doh:

Back