Harkila wellies any good ?

prometheus

My current pair of French Wellies just died, so I need a new pair. I've been told Harkila offer an excellent pair of 5mm neoprene's zipped. Does anyone have any experience of them ?

Just back from Sweden and two mates had them and said they were very good, will be my next pair!!

Moose

Definitely give Richmond Gun shop a call, great service from Karen and discount for SD members. She sorted me with a Harkila Pro Hunter X jacket.

Had mine since November and they have no been of feet,they look good and fit really well,I got the ones with the full zip.

Wife got a pair about 6 months ago and kept telling how good they were,so i gave in and got a pair and got to say up to yet there the warmest and most comfortable wellies I,ve worn.(muck boots,seals,sealand,aigle tried them all)worn all day everyday on farm.

I got a pair of the 17" h-vent foresters when they came out best wellingtons I have had
The french efforts don't come close and I have tried them all,
The Harkilas are a bit heavy when you pick them up but on wearing them they fit like a glove I got them from Uttings and got a great deal,
When they wear down a bit I will just buy another pair as I wear them all the time and can't fault them.

Well guys, thanks for the feedback - Harkila forester it is :D

Looking forward to to dry feet again !!

And thanks for the store recommendations, I will try them

Just got a pair of these and they are excellent.
Went for the Foresters with the side zips very comfortable and well made. Look and feel superior to Le Chameau.
Got mine from Montrose Guns and Tackle for £159.99 including free delivery, best price I could find and brilliant service.

Regards

BP

Any updates on these boots are performing?? my le chameau chasseur decided to leak, not even 2 years old, waste of money, so looking at a pair of these harkila forester.

I wear the Harkila Hi-vent all the time when out stalking or just walking the dogs, I find them great boots warm, comfortable can wear them all day no problem, I got a deal from Uttings and rate them first class!
When they are worn out I will just buy another pair that's how good I find them:thumb:
ATB.

I wear the Harkila Hi-vent all the time when out stalking or just walking the dogs, I find them great boots warm, comfortable can wear them all day no problem, I got a deal from Uttings and rate them first class!
When they are worn out I will just buy another pair that's how good I find them:thumb:
ATB.

Thanks mate! will order a pair next week:thumb:

What's the soles like on these, are they proper vibram style or cheap foam like my muckboot Avons? The muckboots are really comfortable but the soles wear extremely quickly.

Been in my 5mm Foresters for a little while now and have to say I am very pleased so far. I can say nice and warm now I've tried they in icy conditions and comfortable to walk/stalk in. I have no complaints and it's nice to finish stalking with my feet as dry as when I started.

Back