Thread: Bedding

Hi, have recently pillar bedded my cz 452 varmint HB and have improved accuracy a little. The gun was giving 1" plus groups at 50M but improved to about 5/8" groups after bedding. Does'nt sound like much improvement but gives me a bit more confidence taking head shots. Will try and load some pics if I can figure out how. Phil

I had a practice on my 452 a year or so ago, just incase I messed it up and I removed the front mounting bolt that attaches to the barrel. Shoots minute of rabbit at 80yrds now, plus I get that warm feeling inside with a job well done whenever I use it!

Hi Jordan's, yes I know what you mean about warm feeling, confidence in my kit is very rewarding. I bedded mine down to just before the barrel lug , I also made a stainless steel socket for the barrel lug to sit in. If you don't use the barrel lug how is the rifle with one action bolt ?.

Absolutely solid mate. The bedding holds it in place nicely - I actually got the idea from somewhere on the net. I've dropped the rifle since it was bedded (sling broke!!) and its still fine. It probably helps its only 12 1/2" barrel.