Thread: Dust proof/resistant digital camera's?

Dust proof/resistant digital camera's?

Alright folks

Just wondering if anyone has any reccommendations for a fairly robust digital camera? Or a decent dust proof case for it

Not looking for anything too fancy (or expensive) just a decent camera for using out and about.
    Had 2 samsungs in past but both broke due to dirt/dust in the zoom lens, these cameras have spent most of there lifes in weather proof cases and only come out a handful off times so are not getting a lot of use and generally live in glove box or stalking/game bag so its not like i store it next to a band saw or sander. They seem to last around the 2 year mark but really are not getting used much.

always had (and have now) a sony cybershot because they are simple and use AA batteries... Takes real good pics but the smart phone takes better ones and is always with me.....

This one is virtually bomb proof and takes excellent pictures and video I too went through about a camera a season it is tough really tough well so far, and it gets some abuse with me I can say, so far so good shop around you will get a bargain

Nikon COOLPIX AW100 Waterproof Compact Digital

uttings sells them sometimes in the sale for around 150

I can recommend this one as I originally bought it for a long trip to south Africa, after it cage dived with great whites and got roughed up in my pocket it went to work with me.

Im a construction manager and everything is about photos - I also have a habit of destroying cameras I've gone through 3 at work - cheap nasty ones. I've used this for over a year in all weathers. Only don't use it currently as I use my iPhone. Dust is what seems to kill them and this one has some robust dust covers.

Depends if you want it for stills purely, or video.

The new Go Pro Black series has a 12MP stills camera, and 4k HD video camera, so nothing comes close for video but it still has decent stills also, albeit lens restricted.