Available: Roe Stalking near Inverness.

JRoe

Roe Stalking for skilled or novice Hunters. Bring your own Rifle or you’re welcome to use one of mine. Instruction available if required. From only £80 per outing (Approx four hours). If an extra opportunity should arise after your successful stalk that would be fine, however you are restricted to two Roe per outing.

B&B at www.cromalbank.com - - with pickup from Airport or Railway Station if required. Reduced rates for Stalkers, £25 each, inc full breakfast ( can be a Hunter's one if you've been successful earlier !)
Some nice Bucks about - - Good easy walking areas - - mixed arable with plenty woodland. Companions are welcome and you may take your Venison home with you at Dealer's rates. Here's a link if you want an idea of the ground - -
Flash Earth - Zoom into satellite and aerial imagery of the Earth in Flash

It is mainly the woodland on the east side marching with the Fort George Ranges on the west.
Contact me, John Ross on 01667 462 166 or 07774 742 227 or cromalbank@aol.com for more info and available dates etc.

Thankyou.

Last edited:
Where do you do your stalking?

have a look here - - Flash Earth - Zoom into satellite and aerial imagery of the Earth in Flash

It's the main area of woodland and fields between B9092 and the sea except for The Fort George firing ranges. It's called the Carse of Ardersier and another way of thinking about it is all the land between the Whiteness Road and the Ranges.

Pop out for a look anytime you fancy.

Regards

John Ross
Cromal Bank B&B
Ardersier
Inverness
IV2 7QZ
01667 462166
07774 742227
Welcome to Cromal Bank BB

i will indeed. Im just going to part with cash for my level 2 so i'll be looking for your services soon enough.

Thanks John for a great day's stalking last week. Brilliant preparation for my DSC1. All the best for the season and see you next time :tiphat:.

Bob

Had a fantastic few days stalking with John this week. My daughter who has just got her first F/A Certificate and myself had some
tremendous and very memorable stalks.

My daughter shot her first ever deer :D, and a lovely six point buck :stag:that ran a few paces before hanging itself up by the antlers on a branch
and I too had a nice little buck. Great experience for myself as I intend doing my DSC 2 in the near future.

We had a week of really good weather and saw plenty of deer. We could have easily have had another 3 but was unable to take
the shots due to various reasons :doh: usually me being a bit slow.

Johns knowledge and patience is spot on and knows his ground inside out. He's also a very good cook , making delightful breakfasts at his B&B at Cromalbank.

Im back home now and missing the place already, see you again soon i hope.

DSC_0026.jpg20140424_220834.jpg20140424_224927.jpg

Mark and Sian

Had a fantastic few days stalking with John this week. My daughter who has just got her first F/A Certificate and myself had some
tremendous and very memorable stalks.

My daughter shot her first ever deer :D, and a lovely six point buck :stag:that ran a few paces before hanging itself up by the antlers on a branch
and I too had a nice little buck. Great experience for myself as I intend doing my DSC 2 in the near future.

We had a week of really good weather and saw plenty of deer. We could have easily have had another 3 but was unable to take
the shots due to various reasons :doh: usually me being a bit slow.

Johns knowledge and patience is spot on and knows his ground inside out. He's also a very good cook , making delightful breakfasts at his B&B at Cromalbank.

Im back home now and missing the place already, see you again soon i hope.

View attachment 41217View attachment 41218View attachment 41219

Mark and Sian

Thanks for that Mark - - I'm so glad you both had a great time - - I did too!

ATB

JR

Been a busy couple of weeks here - - very successful ones too for most folks. Standard of shooting has been superb, makes my life (if not the Roe's ) a lot easier. Bucks really showing an appearance. This year all the arable crops are cerials - - winter wheat, barley and some oats, what a difference, nice and short, no oil seed rape !!!

I've still got some available dates if anyone is interested.

JR

Just home after a wander wi the lamp tonight. Saw two cracking Bucks with lovely heads and a young Unicorn ! - - one Antler exactly in the middle of his head. I shot a similar one a couple of years ago.

JR

Hi John.
Can you drop me a PM with available dates.
Would probably be for 2 guns.
Thanks.

John,
thanks for another amazing morning!! just thought i share this vid (expertly filmed by yourself) with the guys!! unbelievable turn of events from spotting 1 doe at 800 m who then brought another doe and buck into our field -all having a mad run about together before they walked into 40 yds for the shot!! could not have written it better, and only good fortune allowed a shot before the lead doe stepped on me and gave the game away!! most exciting morning in a long time!!
004.jpg
And the result....

Cheers John!

Last edited:
Cheers mark,
Honestly thought I was going to be trampled by the 2 does before the buck reappeared!! But his timing was impeccable (from my perspective at least), just goes to show you can be the best stalker in the world, but a little luck goes along way!

Back