.30-06 Mod

Beretta

Ok so it looks like im getting a .30-06 for deer stalking, which will be keeping my 6.5x55 company. It will be mainly for Red deer work and will either be using a Barnes TTSX or a Sierra Gameking.

I think the rifle will be another Tikka T3 Lite Stainless Synthetic, I have already sourced a Schmit 8x56 scope but am unsure what Moderator is best.

I currently have a Wildcat P8 on the 6.5 which isnt a bad moderator and could get another or something else.

What is currently in flavour without breaking the bank?

I have a T8 on my 20" barrel 30-06 and it works well. However it is too heavy for other than high seat work. You will be burning 60 or so grains of powder, so will need something up to the job.

Hi mate I'm just having a titanium mod made by simon lawerence , very light and up to the job , not cheap but you only get what you pay for , hopefully mine will. Switch between both my rifles , I have a reflex on my 243 and it's too heavy for woodland and hill , hope this helps

Hi, i have a tikka t3 30-06. A pretty light rifle for this round which is great for the hill but equally it means a mod is welcome to cool the recoil (a crack) down a wee bit. I have an ase ultra sl5, very nice and compact a lighter than many options. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Enjoy!

Hi mate I'm just having a titanium mod made by simon lawerence , very light and up to the job , not cheap but you only get what you pay for , hopefully mine will. Switch between both my rifles , I have a reflex on my 243 and it's too heavy for woodland and hill , hope this helps

Funds may be a problem for that......

I reckon on spending around a grand which will include rifle, mod, mounts and factory ammo. Already have a suitable scope. I have a .208 cleaning kit which i assume will work.

I paid £210 i think for my Wildcat in 2011, is this price still current?

I have the same set up. I have a JetZ compact on the end of mine. Great mod I think n
but things have moved on in recent years weight wise

jonathon

What do you want from your mod? If noise reduction isn't hugely important I would suggest an Atec Maxim. It is an aluminium moderator with stainless steel baffles. Lightweight so it doesn't effect the balance of the rifle and still quietens the rifle a fair bit (although not as effective as others). The stainless baffles means it doesn't corrode like all aluminium mods suffer from.

I have a Jet-Z on my own .30-06, mate has a T8 on his, both reduce the crack to comfortable levels but would say his T8 just takes the prize.

What do you want from your mod? If noise reduction isn't hugely important I would suggest an Atec Maxim. It is an aluminium moderator with stainless steel baffles. Lightweight so it doesn't effect the balance of the rifle and still quietens the rifle a fair bit (although not as effective as others). The stainless baffles means it doesn't corrode like all aluminium mods suffer from.
+1 for the atec maxim. Got one on my 7-08 works well. A mate had one on a .300 wm ( did buy 2 more baffles )

Got a ASE Utra SL-5 on my 30-06 and use the same mod on 7mm rem mag, not bad for a mod, doesn't unbalance the rifle too much but I still hate walking through covers with it on.

Back