Whoops

nun_hunter

After trying a few different brands of ammo in my Ruger 10-22 And finding that the Agilas were very accurate but wouldn't extract properly I took it all apart and found the extractor claw was quite worn. I then went on the hunt for a UK supplier for a replacement or upgrade.

I ended up at Midway UK and found an upgrade kit for about £14, brilliant I thought. Went to pay and found out they wanted £8.85 for postage! For two tiny pieces of metal that would probably suffer from agoraphobia inside a matchbox and weigh less than a sparrow fart.

So now in a rage from the audacity of there postage costs (I assumed it wouldn't arrive in a hand crafted box made of mahogany) I used the search function on here and got directed to Brownells.com where I've ended up buying an upgraded claw and spring for half the price Midway wanted but also getting carried away an Axiom stock and upgrade charging handle!

All in all I've spent way more than I would have if I'd just bought the parts from Midway (I have got a lot more too though) simply because I didn't want to give them any business due to extortionate postage costs.

Now that I'm left looking at my order confirmation I'm starting to think I should have just sucked it up and paid them.

Has anyone else ended up doing something similar just to prove a point, even though the other party had no idea of the point being proved:doh:

young fellow from Oklahoma moves to California and goes to a
big
>'Everything Under One Roof' department store looking for a
job.

>

>The manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?"

>The kid says, "Yeah, I was a salesman back home in Oklahoma."

>Well, the boss liked the kid so he gave him the job.

>"You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you
did "

>

>His first day on the job was rough but he got through it. After the
store

>was locked up, the boss came down...

>

>"How many sales did you make today?"

>The kid says, "One."

>The boss says, "Just one? Our sales people average 20 or 30 sales a
day.

>You're going to have to improve considerably or look for another job!
How

>much was the sale for?"

>The kid says, "$112,237.64."

>

>The boss says, "$112,237.64 !! What the heck did you sell ?"

>

>Kid says, "First I sold him a small fish hook. Then I sold him a
medium

>fish hook. Then I sold him a larger fish hook. Then I sold him a new
fishing

>rod.

>

>Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down at the
lake,

>so I told him he was gonna need a boat, so we went down to the boat

>department and I sold him a new bass boat.

>

>Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took
him

>down to the automotive department and sold him that new Ford pick-up.
I

>asked him how long he was going to be out at the lake and after he
said 5 or 6

>days I took him down to the RV department and sold him a slide-in
camper

>for the truck."

>

>The boss said, "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold
him a

>boat, a truck and a camper?"

>

>Kid says, "No, he came in here to buy a box of tampons for his wife
and I

>said, 'Well, your weekend's shot, you might as well go fishing."

>

Haha brilliant, I do kinda feel like that guy. I was planning to get these bits anyway just not today!

From the Midway UK website a few moments ago:

DELIVERY CHARGE
For UK orders a flat rate of £8.85 (inclusive of VAT) will be charged for carriage irrespective of the item quantity, size and weight of the order.
All orders over £200 delivered to the UK are carriage free.
All orders are delivered by ParcelForce.

I tried Rimfire Magic but they didn't sell the extractor i needed just trigger kits and as I've already lighten the trigger pull and polished all the internal parts they wouldn't offer any improvements on what I've got. I got an email from Midway basically saying they don't have any UK stock as we are too small a firearms market so just import what's needed from the US. I would have thought ordering in bulk and selling more items cheaper would be the way to go.

After trying a few different brands of ammo in my Ruger 10-22 And finding that the Agilas were very accurate but wouldn't extract properly I took it all apart and found the extractor claw was quite worn. I then went on the hunt for a UK supplier for a replacement or upgrade.

I ended up at Midway UK and found an upgrade kit for about £14, brilliant I thought. Went to pay and found out they wanted £8.85 for postage! For two tiny pieces of metal that would probably suffer from agoraphobia inside a matchbox and weigh less than a sparrow fart.

So now in a rage from the audacity of there postage costs (I assumed it wouldn't arrive in a hand crafted box made of mahogany) I used the search function on here and got directed to Brownells.com where I've ended up buying an upgraded claw and spring for half the price Midway wanted but also getting carried away an Axiom stock and upgrade charging handle!

All in all I've spent way more than I would have if I'd just bought the parts from Midway (I have got a lot more too though) simply because I didn't want to give them any business due to extortionate postage costs.

Now that I'm left looking at my order confirmation I'm starting to think I should have just sucked it up and paid them.

Has anyone else ended up doing something similar just to prove a point, even though the other party had no idea of the point being proved:doh:

More times than I can count. What kind of Aguila's are you shooting?~Muir

More times than I can count. What kind of Aguila's are you shooting?~Muir

Without checking the box I couldn't be 100% sure but I remember they're 38grain hollow points. The problem at the moment is the rim on the cartridge is slightly angled so the claw is slipping off. I've ordered a hardened Exact edge one with stronger spring and hope this will help.

Seems MidwayUK are just middle men hiking prices of stuff you can order direct from the US for a lot cheaper including first class post from the US

Back