Running Boar/Deer Shoot - Bisley 8th June 2014

8x57

Distinguished Member
Due to the generosity of the British Sporting Rifle Club and its members this year’s Stalking Directory H4H charity shoot will be held on their superb range at Bisley in Surrey. The shoot will offer members of the site the opportunity to shoot running boar (50m .22lr), running deer (100yards centrefire) and the stalkers test at 100 yards. Depending on the numbers shooting and the availability of range officers limited timed shoots may also be held on fox and buck targets.

As in previous years the emphasis is very much on holding a safe friendly shoot where the site members can gather and meet while at the same time raise funds for the H4H charity. Unfortunately this year we are unable to allow non certificate holders to shoot. If shooters hold range competence certificates so much the better but they will not be essential as those without can shoot under supervision (Bisley counts as a MOD range).

It is intended to hold a BBQ during the compulsory lunchtime break but if this is not possible there are plenty of eating places on camp. There is various accommodation available on camp including campsites for those intending to stay the weekend.

In order to arrange this shoot the organisers need to have a realistic assessment of the numbers likely to attend and shoot. Further information in the form of a shooters information pack will be sent out in due course but for the time being can anyone who is seriously considering or intending to come along and enjoy this wonderful facility please indicate so by posting below. We are limited to strict time restraints on the range and there are limits on numbers also. All entries will need to be made in advance and it will be dealt with on a first come first served basis with absolutely no entries being taken on the day. It is anticipated that the range fee for this day will be £25 each.

http://www.sportingrifle.org/

http://www.nra.org.uk/

Please post below if you think that you would be likely to attend.

Last edited:
I will be attending this year. The only thing that will stop me is a deployment away but please put my name down for this wonderful event.ATBAdam

Me and Dale are 2 definites mate it's in the diary!! Can't wait! :thumb:

Roedinator won't have it so easy this year I can tell ya!!! :norty:

yep put me down as i think id better show up on this one. suppose id better build another highseat for the auction.

Me and 1 other please! Been looking forward to doing one of these. Can I be kept in the loop please!

Me and 1 other please! Been looking forward to doing one of these. Can I be kept in the loop please!

Keep yourself in the loop I'm not sending out personal invites Luke, you'll just have to watch this site like everyone else. :lol:

Rob I am sure that ndtman will be only too willing to rope you in to assist with R.O. duties.

It should be a very good shoot and we should meet a few new faces again this year. You certainly couldn't ask for better facilities.

Back