Epetition against Animal `Welfare` Charities

NeilG

Morning All.

In the Shooting Times this week a lawyer has started off a Epetition, to try and get action taken to limit the amount of intrusion and criminal damage these organisations think they can justify getting away with in the course of their `investigations`.

If a lawyer is willing to put his neck out for field sports, and stand up against some big names then I think we have a duty to support the good fellow.

Please sign up here, and pass on to your friends. Apologies if someone else has already posted this :-

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/59679

All the best.

Neil.

I'm not the SSPCAs biggest fan and I know that we as the shooting community don't think terribly much about them but let's not resort to their level?

The title and blurb on the e-petition stinks of personnel vendetta given the exact wording and citing criminal damage and assult? Is this really the case and if they are so far over the line then why doesn't this so called lawyer take legal action himself? :-| :-|

I'm not the SSPCAs biggest fan and I know that we as the shooting community don't think terribly much about them but let's not resort to their level?

The title and blurb on the e-petition stinks of personnel vendetta given the exact wording and citing criminal damage and assult? Is this really the case and if they are so far over the line then why doesn't this so called lawyer take legal action himself? :-| :-|

Yes there is a chance that this could have been sparked by personal experience, may be this person has been on the receiving end of the actions of this organisation as have so many individuals.
This person is now trying to make a stand and change things to stop it happening again or to someone else.
Too many times as shooters we keep our heads down and do nothing because "it's not happening to me personally" sometimes we need to stand together and fight or when they come for your sport / discipline there may be no one else left to fight with / for you

Signed it

Wingy

Great attitude fella. I assume you have never dealt with the RSPCA? I have, in both a personal and a professional capacity and let me assure you, most of the staff are deluded wanna be police officers who just have to overreact.

At least Jamie has taken it upon himself to try to do something.to stop these dangerous people before they get totally out of control. Be grateful for that. :cool:

Back