well I fully tested my Harkila Pro Hunter trousers tested...

bewsher500

had them on a few times but its been dry and a brief night or short walk
out all morning in the Borders finest weather today
Overall very impressed

Fit:
they need to be worn quite high, which I can see is a good thing to keep you warm but I find quite weird...like those people you see with their waist band above their belly button.......
leg length is good for the waist size
could do with a little more room across the front as if I put both hands in pockets it becomes a bit ..snug!

Material: 5/10
bit "swishy", seems to be the material itself rather than where it might come up against the other leg when walking but I hope that will go away with use

Do like the strappy things at the ankle to tighten the leg around your boots, I have started wearing them pinched around the middle of the boot laces rather than down like trousers
Keeps them out the clarts and makes them more comfortable when constantly kneeling and standing (as I discovered later!)

BUT,,,,,and its a fairly big BUT!
the material is almost magnetic towards deer hair, not in a static kind of way
The kind of way where the hair actually goes under some of the fibres and has to pulled out one by bloody one!!
Carried a doe back and when I arrived I had more hair on my hip than the doe!

Temperature: 8/10
not too cold today but chilly enough if standing still so I wasn't sweating like a donkey as I had worried about, any warmer or any more strenuous activity and I can see them getting VERY hot
certainly one way to make sure you pace yourself

Water: 10/10
had to sneak up on a doe that required kneeling in wet open ground.
held the water back just fine
all rain, blood and clarts were brushed off and beaded up on the new material

I shall be avoiding washing them fully for as long as possible to keep them waterproof though

Yep a good review, i agree with all you have said, the only problem i get walking up and down the hills in a mild Devon is i get way too hot in them.

But i got them covered in blood recently, when i got home i just hosed myself down, blood poured off, like you i tend to put off washing ANY stalking garment for as long as possible.

Cheers

Richard

Wash only in nikwax tech wash then wash again with nikwax tx direct wash in (purple bottle) then tumble dry on a low heat but turn them inside out else they do not dry! Mine are 4 seasons old and washed dried when minging!

Back