thermacell

Thermo cell

Got one earlier this year and am mightily impressed - walked into a massive swarm of midges on the N Yorks moors deliberately only to see them part like the Red Sea. Haven't been bitten once since I started using it, but I havent tried it out on my lease in Scotland yet !

Tonyc

finnbear270 said:
If it works Tony, I'd grab the distributors rights!, very interested in one myself if it repeats the results you already have. :)

Right already grabbed - I got mine from www.fynetackle.com but I believe that some one else has distributorship now - they are also available thru Bushwear now - if you go for one get the holder as well.

Tony

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news guys, but i was being eaten alive up here in Scotland last year so ran out and bought one. Unfortunately i was still badly bitten - especially when sitting in high seats.

It's essentially a small heater device that runs off of a gas charge. The area holding a card impregnated with the repelant heats up which then releases the repelant for approx 4hrs. The prob is that the midges seem to get used to it quickly and the small amount released doesn't seem to offer adequate coverage.

Back