Calling to other farmers

Acm

I know there's not many on here but maybe a few that can help , we all know how bad it is in the West Country at the moment and I for one feel lucky to farm in the downs well out of harms way . But there's a national effort from the farming community to donate hay and straw , we always over produce to sell some and so have donated a lorry load . Sure it's a **** in the ocean but it will feed 100 cattle for a week or so .

Can anyone else help ? I have the phone number for the guy co ordinating donations if you want it pm me on here .

Good call Andy, many of the farmers in the West Country stand to loose a lot and its a disgrace that the government are doing little to help them.

If you don't have a lorry of straw or hay, but want to assist, then The Farming Community Network http://www.fcn.org.uk/ is very proactive in providing advice and support. I was talking with their SW rep yesterday (who farms in the next village to us) and you can imagine he is flat out busy at the moment. They base their work around trained volunteers from the farming community (my wife is one) who can visit and talk to other farmers in difficult circumstances and provide advice and support. I guess they may appreciate additional volunteers etc at this time. Contact links on their website.

I know there's not many on here but maybe a few that can help , we all know how bad it is in the West Country at the moment and I for one feel lucky to farm in the downs well out of harms way . But there's a national effort from the farming community to donate hay and straw , we always over produce to sell some and so have donated a lorry load . Sure it's a **** in the ocean but it will feed 100 cattle for a week or so .

Can anyone else help ? I have the phone number for the guy co ordinating donations if you want it pm me on here .
It`s a **** in the ocean that means a lot to those up the road.
It will be much appreciated. :tiphat:

Back