Getting out

jingzy

Well, thats it. I have sat on my arse and done as the doctors say, now I am bored shi77less. The PPC is screaming for a crow or a roe or something.

It is just gone 1 and it is still minus 6 but i cant take the 4 walls any more. :rolleyes:

8)

hi jingsy tom here i know how you are feeling slipped on ice last week have brocken ankle will be cabined up for the next 6 weeks happy new year to all
atb tom

Some areas have been blessed with real sub zero temps of late, I parked the Landy to open a gate, got out to put the key in the padlock & the Landy was slowly moving away from where I left it! :eek:

Just in, 1 in the bag. Hanging up and looking nice although probably lost some condition due to the wintery conditions. Less than 10 % fat on the kidneys (dogs didn't complain)and the stomach probably a third full.

The temp by the time I got walking about was -14 degrees. Brrrrrrrr :p

Tom,

I feel for ya, I was only suspended for a fortnight and that was bad enough.

I escaped today on my electric scooter to do a bit of shopping and was surprised to find how well it went on the frozen snow on the pavements.
On the roads it was fine..
It is a little while since I went into `KILL, KILL` mode. [ I did get 7 Carrions and 1 Maggie with 9 shots when a friend took me out a couple of times a while ago. ]
I got a supply of RWS 147gr target hollow-points and have brewed up ten for a test in the .308 Sako Varminter, also I sold my .243 Sako Varminter recently and took a cheap BSA CF2 .243 with scope in P/EX.
I am itching to try it as the previous owner was zapping Foxes with it using my 75gr V.Max load.

HWH.

Good to read that you're still managing to pull the trigger on a few feathered vermin Hubert. Despite your eye and mobility troubles.

Would you care to share this killer 75gn V-max load?

Aye.
75gr V.Max., RP or Geco brass, 40.5gr of Viht.N140 and Federal 210GM match primer. [.243 cal.]
This tends to scatter them about a bit !

With the same load but using the 68gr Berger bullet the group is even tighter but I had one or two take off and then fall out of the sky in a spectacular manner, obviously this bullet is not expanding on light vermin.

Regards, HWH.

stag1933 said:
Aye.
75gr V.Max., RP or Geco brass, 40.5gr of Viht.N140 and Federal 210GM match primer. [.243 cal.]
This tends to scatter them about a bit !

With the same load but using the 68gr Berger bullet the group is even tighter but I had one or two take off and then fall out of the sky in a spectacular manner, obviously this bullet is not expanding on light vermin.

Regards, HWH.

Many thanks.

I too have found similar non expansion with Berger bullets on light bodied vermin. Which has always struck me as being strange given their premium bullet rep.

glad to see your up and about jingzy,when i first saw your thread i thought it said you were coming out :eek: :lol: ,i had sikamalc phone me not long ago,him and a couple of others(i wont mention names so they can do there write ups) have had 3 sika today down in dorset :) go steady mate and have a good new year.

Back