First Fallow buck.

basil

Distinguished Member
A massive thanks to Rick O'shea for putting me onto my first Fallow buck this evening.
Rick showed me to a recently erected high chair which overlooked a field which undulated upwards from the chair, the sort of view that has a certain good feeling about it.
Well, i`d hardly had time to settle down and get prepared when three Fallow made their way down the field, they stayed to my left hand side before crossing in front of me about 70 yards out.
The middle beast was a great looking buck which finally stood still for a broadside shot. After the impact of the bullet the buck ran 50 ish yards, staggered and then dropped dead.
Before the gralloch he weighed in at 158 lbs. A great result and one to be remembered.
All made possible by a top bloke.
019-5.jpg

022-3.jpg

1st fallow

Well done Basil,nice looking buck & well done Rick for making it possible 8)

Andy

WELL DONE BASIL

Congratulations basil on your first fallow, and i would like to thank you for your company and a cleanly shot beast.

Here is a couple of pics from my camera [the one with the memery card in wink ]

009-6-1.jpg

002-8.jpg

001-7.jpg

012-4-1.jpg

010-5-1.jpg

008-5-1.jpg

006-7.jpg

A great way to start mate and heres to the next one
well done
ATB
RICK O SHEA

Congratulations fella..

As said thats a fine animal for your first buck..

And thats a neat set up for the gralloch rick o shea..

Well done guys

Terry

Nice one Basil
that's a belter for your 1st 8)
have you stopped grinning yet :evil:
Rick
did the hoist already come with the strengthing bar on the top piece or did you do a few minor adjustments your self?

Stone no alterations have been made thats how the hoist comes with strengthening bar already fitted ,you can also extend/decrease the height slightly by putting the locking pin in the next hole along on the main frame.
Handy for the bigger deer/boar

010-5-1-1.jpg

Cheers
rick

sorry Rick
should of said , i hav borrowed one that did not hav that reinforcing bar and surprise, surprise :evil:
so i hav made a new one and also copied the whole design so i hav one of my own with a few added improvements like stronger steel box section as those muntys take some skinning :evil:
and extended heights on both halfs
new top is only reinforced near top so it can slide down into bottom section to be put away as one piece
DSCN0601.jpg

and also had a go at making the skinning attachment too
DSCN0597.jpg

still work in progress but won't be long till finished
ATB

Stone that rig looks like its coming on a treat and if i could weld as good as that i think i would have had a go at making one myself.
I have had weights of up to 300ibs on mine so far with no problems but your idea about the extra height especially for the big reds stags is a good idea.

Back