Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best portable high seat

Best portable high seat

Just picked up some stalking so went and had a look where to site a seat but there is a public track nearby, so I would need something I could erect without much noise and quickly the same morning.
    Anyone got any first hand experience and could recommend the best model for my needs ? I know meerside does one but I cant find any images. thanks DF

This mereside clip is on youtube -
    Sako 75 Syn/St 6.5x55mm - Swarovski Z6i 3-18x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I picked up a telescopic highseat from Scotts last year. Buy Stalking High Seat Back Pack Tree Ladder - shop at suppliers Scott Country

It is ideal for sticking up last minute. I recommend that you have a few practice runs at putting it up and down before you go out and put it up on your ground. The first few times it took me 15 minutes to get it up but after the 5th time I was able to get it up in under 5 minutes.

I use a Bushwear Panther folding portable high seat, it's lightweight and quick & easy to put up. With practice, you can erect it in about a minute.

BushWear 'Panther' Folding Highseat : 316923

Quote Originally Posted by Webley Boy View Post
    I use a Bushwear Panther folding portable high seat, it's lightweight and quick & easy to put up. With practice, you can erect it in about a minute.

BushWear 'Panther' Folding Highseat : 316923
    I have to agree, one of my land owners bought me one of those and they do the business.

Bob I have a panther if you wish to look at it but id say that the clicks it makes on the ladder part when you erect it would cause you a concern in the still of a morning
    regards
    Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    Bob I have a panther if you wish to look at it but id say that the clicks it makes on the ladder part when you erect it would cause you a concern in the still of a morning
    regards
    Jimmy
    Yeah..... agree with that! Bloody annoying when the latches click on unfolding the ladder section.. If I want to be quiet I now unfold it when I get out of the motor and just walk it in assembled.

But it is a good bit of kit and the extension is worth having too... not sure about need for the freestanding legs kit up front - haven't used that more than two or three times over the years I've had one of these (Pre-Bushwear).

I usually take a stick to use as a brace/leaning point across the rails rather than lean fully forward to the front rail to take a sideways shot and if the side shot is almost level or behind the seat I just slide a cheek off the seat and stand on one the rungs to give me the right height to support the rifle across the stick or the back of the seat.

's me

Fizz

I have a panther which suits me, i leave it places, never put it up and used it on the same session. Saw some knobloch ones bought over from continent, far superior in every way, rock solid shooting rail, dont know cost or availability

Hercules I use mine all the time

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Hercules I use mine all the time
    +1. Have used a panther in the past and it squeaks and 'crunches' a lot. But, the hercules is extremely quiet once set up and CAN even be put up with minimal noise once you know what buttons to press.