Thread: Older/retired gun dog

Older/retired gun dog

My girlfriends step mum is after an older dog or bitch as a second dog - she's at home all day and lives alone on the South Downs so would be a nice retirement or re-homing option for any suitable dog.

She currently has a large 4 year old chocolate lab (neutered). Nice dog but clearly loves having another dog around as we're staying with her at the moment with our lab.

Dog/Bitch should be ok with other dogs and have decent recall, other than that doesn't matter.

Any questions PM me and I'll pass them on.

LOL just showed her this post - she said it makes her sound 80 (she's at least 30 years younger than that!)... so don't worry exercise won't be an issue for the dog

Might be worth asking local keepers

Thanks Akeld, she's already spoken to the 2 local to her though and I only know one and he hasn't got any he'd part with

my friend has a springer bitch 6yrs i may be to far let me know if you are still loking for a dog.....

Thank you to everyone for your replies so far - she trialled a bitch who turned out to be a nightmare (too timid and v clingy). Perfect family dog though so rather than going back to its owner it's going to her step daughter (with owners blessing).

Ideally she'd like a dog between 2 and 6 years old - good recall and ok with kids (I realise that's asking a lot and nowhere near the original spec so apologies!). Her current dog is an arrogant and mad chocolate lab (neutered) so anything that would complement him!