A little market research

How about a simple Pay-Pal donate button ?
Another forum does the same, standard donation is a £1, you can opt to change that, and donate as often as you like.
For that you get a "site supporter" badge against your name, makes no odds to me, but I know I do what I can when I can.
But the important thing (to me) is you get nothing out of it, no special treatment or privileges, so one thinks they are special
and should receive different treatment to non supporters.

The nice thing about this forum is the way it's run, and the way admin/moderators do the best they can to be
as unobtrusive as possible, while keeping trouble makers, or those who ignore warning, away from those who
just wish to participate in a friendly and helpfull forum.
Install a donate button and see what happens, if it just helps with costs great, if it allows the bursary scheme
to become available to more beginners even better.

Neil. :)

Another forum does the same, standard donation is a £1, you can opt to change that, and donate as often as you like.
For that you get a "site supporter" badge against your name, makes no odds to me, but I know I do what I can when I can.
But the important thing (to me) is you get nothing out of it, no special treatment or privileges, so one thinks they are special

The nice thing about this forum is the way it's run, and the way admin/moderators do the best they can to be
as unobtrusive as possible, while keeping trouble makers, or those who ignore warning, away from those who
Install a donate button and see what happens, if it just helps with costs great, if it allows the bursary scheme

+1

+3

There ya go............ and no special banners or markers for the donators..... If there is a prize opportunity, so be it, just enter folks that have contributed (maybe let them know with a PM if they are entered?).... No fame buttons and no cliques, just an honest donation from the heart...

Back