beaver dam

buckup

Not only for Beowulf! First time I had seen one of these. The entire frozen lake is beaver made. Through it originaly ran a stream which you could easily jump.

Polishtrip013.jpg

You really have to admire those beavers! Excellent photos Buckup mate! i am really interested in your Polish stalking. Lets hope that we can get a few of us together from the site and get out there! I spent some time in Poland when the wall came down. Very good people! Very nice 'Wodkha'! Did you have the bulls blood vodkha?

Kody03111.jpgWhat about this then? Photo taken very recently in one of the reserves in Kent belonging to a conservation charity I help run. If that's not done by a beaver, then I'm a monkey's uncle. And no, we don't keep any beaver ourselves but there are 2 sites in Kent where they are supposed to be confined. And I don't think its swum across the North Sea and down to the Channel.

Buggers are already running amok in the Tay catchment in Scotland to the dismay of the anglers and they could easily bugger up the marsh system we try to run on our reserve.

Jesus! Where exactly was that taken? Am I likely to encounter them when I'm wildfowling in Kent? I guess that in the dark, they may look a bit like a big, waddling greylag...

crikey i wouldnt argue with that. not heard of any here in the broads yet cant be long if youve got them down there.

[QUOTE]Why do keep messing with nature?[/QUOTE]

What bringing back an animal to this country which we originally exterminated?? Could be regarded as righting a wrong.

Last edited:
[QUOTE]Why do keep messing with nature?

What bringing back an animal to this country which we originally exterminated?? Could be regarded as righting a wrong.[/QUOTE]

I see your point but dis agree. When did Beaver become extinct in the Uk? Nature and the ecosystem has adapted. So leave it alone. We hunted all these Wolves, bears and beaver (the four legged ones) to extinction so the balance goes out of control. Then we end up with too much of one species ie Badgers, raptors etc, etc. That was my point.

Back