Carrying deer without getting covered!

The mighty buck

Not sure if there is a solution but just In case some one has come up with some ingenious way of carrying roe out with out (without spending lots on a roe sack) getting covered in blood? I don't have a roe sack and don't like the idea of having to cart one around with me.

I might be asking the impossible but it doesn't hurt to ask!

keep a black wellie bin liner in your pocket it does the trick , if its bucks tuck the head in between the fore legs and it shouldnt be a problem

Kind of if i could have some thing tucked away in a pocket that could then be used as a ruck sack when needed then that would be ideal! I carry my/clients rifle on my back and binos round my shoulders so don't really want a ruck sack to carry until I really need it. Hope that makes sense.

I have seen a leather sling with 4 loops attached that go on the legs.You then pop the deer on you shoulder like a handbag (or something similar that is more manly obviously :lol:).

I've had a look on t'internet but can't find one currently but i think it's an old german design.

Nothing wrong with a bit of blood, cut the front leg at the knee, not all the way through, leave the sinew at the back attached run knife along bone towards the foot, thread front foot through back leg at the cut you would normally make to hang your deer , bone will now act as a cross brace, thread arm through andut on shoulder, you can do the same with both legs for fallow and carry
like a ruck sack.

Nothing wrong with a bit of blood, cut the front leg at the knee, not all the way through, leave the sinew at the back attached run knife along bone towards the foot, thread front foot through back leg at the cut you would normally make to hang your deer , bone will now act as a cross brace, thread arm through andut on shoulder, you can do the same with both legs for fallow and carry
like a ruck sack.

Would need a thorough personal tick check after I suspect.

Kind of if i could have some thing tucked away in a pocket that could then be used as a ruck sack when needed then that would be ideal! I carry my/clients rifle on my back and binos round my shoulders so don't really want a ruck sack to carry until I really need it. Hope that makes sense.
It makes perfect sense mate, as there is nothing more annoyng than a backpack occupying shoulders that are needed for other purposes such as slings etc!
What might suit you perfectly though is the Napier Apex which is a useful bumbag which becomes a Roe sack when required!!
http://www.uttings.co.uk/p112836-na...st-bag-8751/?gclid=CIDGisPR0bwCFXGWtAodWj8AWg
MS

I use a roe sack I got from bushwear which folds up in to a large pocket. I cant see it on bushwears website or I would have posted the link mite be worth giving them a phone to see if they still stock it.. I have had 2 roe in it no bother.

Atb kev

Are these definitely waterproof as in, will if used as a roe sack liner, will they stop all blood leaking out?

If so, they are an excellent and cheap way of lining roe sack. At 40p I would use them as disposable liners.

Well the last time I was in Ikea they were made of the kind of flat weave fabric that tarpaulins tend to be made of these days. I doubt a drop or two would get through but then I wouldn't rely on one to carry my last glass of wine.

I have recently taken on a roe sack to spread the weight across both shoulders but previously used a long strong leather belt with the buckle fastened so forming a loop about 20" from end to end with short loops of cord threaded on it and through which I fasten the legs. The back legs I nick above the elbow/knee and thread the cord through (are you with me?), the front legs I hitch together with the panache and confidence of a 60 year old Boy Scout. :lol:

My only complaint re the leather loop thingy is that as the carcass brushed against your leg you couldn't help getting covered in hair which then transferred to the inside of the vehicle.

there is another thread somewhere that shows this, i think like taff said notch one leg ,cut the other so its like a t shape then slip through the notch,in other words its like a toggle and loop on a duffle coat?

Back