Thread: Take guns to rep. of ireland

Take guns to rep. of ireland

Does anyone know what I need to do in regards to taking a rifle to Ireland the passport via police on its way this end I have an address where I'm staying with family in Ireland, do I need to get intouch with police in Ireland doesn't seem to be much on web about it. Chers.

Thanks bud, I'll be foxing on private land and the rifle will be kept in cabinet with me at family's house so won't need any deer licence chers.

If I'm not all thumbs i have attached latest visitors cert pdf. Print off several copies and do a couple of rough drafts until you have it right.

You will need your hosts to liaise with Garda. Written permission to shoot will be required. They may (a) insist on minimum acreage, ( b) have an opinion on suitability of ground and ( c ) an opinion on suitability of calibre. It takes a certain amount of luck to get a knowledgeable and or cooperative garda. With all due respect to the Force a lot of them are poorly briefed and can react badly and or slowly to civilians who have taken the trouble to do their homework . By and large you are better off giving them too much paperwork rather than too little

You will need EFP. A cooperative garda will photocopy it and return it asap. On the other hand he may hold onto it to endorse it which may be six weeks later!

You could try searching the shooting sections of -be warned , on a good day it makes some of the more outspoken SD posters look like absolute pussycats!

PS read Commisioners gudelines for info about NV. PPS Did a quick trawl and cant find same - but NV scope is restricted item I am 99% certain!
    Last edited by ion; 18-02-2014 at 14:33. Reason: Additional info