Venison cooking method advice please......

Eyefor

......I was told that a great way to cook fillet or rolled haunch is to wrap in cling film then put in water at 60 dec c for two hours.

Remove venison from the water, remove all cling film then flash sear in very hot pan to brown before carving.

Apparently the venison cooks perfectly and remains very moist but has anyone tried this and / or does anyone know where on t'interweb I can find complete instructions / advice please?

Thanks in advance.

Iain

Put Sunday joint in the oven on a deep roasting tin or ceramic dish, Cover with Tinfoil. Set oven at 120. Go to Church. Have coffee after the service. Go home turn oven up to 180 (fan oven) for an hour as you prepare veggies Your roast should be about 3lb. Toss onions, carrot, parsnip into gravy as you turn the heat up. and remove the foil. Worked here so far every time. :lol: Jim

PS her who cooks it says add 20 degrees to 200 if not fan assisted, :p

bone out the haunch of a roe and marinate it in rosemary, oil, pepper and garlic for 24 hours (not salt). make sure it completely covered in oil, this will really tenderize it.

season and place it in an oven at 100 degrees for 1 hour, then griddle it at a high temperature. this is best done on a barbeque, but that may have to wait for a week or two!!!!

it will be as tender as fillet.

kendall.

kendall said:
bone out the haunch of a roe and marinate it in rosemary, oil, pepper and garlic for 24 hours (not salt). make sure it completely covered in oil, this will really tenderize it.

season and place it in an oven at 100 degrees for 1 hour, then griddle it at a high temperature. this is best done on a barbeque, but that may have to wait for a week or two!!!!

it will be as tender as fillet.

kendall.
Sorry but i have to ask.
Why put garlic on it?
Crush some celery and carrot and add that to your marinade.
For me garlic ruins a wonderfull meal.
basil.

I know we're talking different venison here but for me, the best venison is whitetail doe and the way I like to cook it is to cut it into 1" thick steaks (where applicable) and then season it with salt and pepper while at room temp. I leave that sit for about and hour and then sear it in clarified butter until it's still pink in the middle. I like it better than beef. It's not a very imaginative recipe but it enhances the flavor of the meat without hiding it. Another favorite seasoning is something called Montreal Steak available in grocers here. I rub the meat with it and let it sit covered until room temp then cook it in the same manner. Delicious. Had it for dinner tonight! ~Muir

Back