Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A stalkers network.... Established through SD!

Thumbs up A stalkers network.... Established through SD!

Hello everybody!

I just thought to do a quick write up about the development of my "personal" network of open minded stalkers, hunters and dog handlers, established through the SD...

It all started with Wayne Davies, showing me this forum while on my first swap hunt over with him.
    I joined this forum and started reading, posting and following several threads and issues...
    Some members contacted me, as I contacted some, and several other, very memoriable swap hunts were set up and took a great development....
    I may say, some really closed friendships were established, where its mainly about sharing the fun of being out together and enjoying each others hunting success on top!

I was able to make some lifetime lasting experiences and also to introduce two close friends from Germany to some of the SD swappers, which ended up in some reinvitations for them too!

We are trying to keep it rolling, the shedule is already pretty filled and all of us are just amazed, what may be possible, if the right characters do meet and get connected by the passion of stalking...

According to the imaginations about a stalkers network, there were several requests from SD members, asking for advice, support or even just "things" to get from here, they couldnt get there...
    We got it sorted out, a lot of parcels got posted, even more were brought within the suitcase when on my way over to the UK. It was and is always a pleasure to help you out if wished and asked for!
    I had a few meetings with bloodhound holders here in Germany. As my guests, these very knowledged people with their well trained dogs represent the high level of bloodhound teams which will be established over there, sooner or later!
    It was a pleasure to have a talk with them and to meet these great characters. I hope to meet them again as soon as possible!

So far I had only one negative issue to deal with, thats a fairly good quote, I think!

I also purchased some items through SD, all I got so far was well worth the money and absolutely straight away business! Thanks for that!

One example of this well working network:

Last week I got the information from an Irish friend of mine, that one of his mates found the Eka swingblades very cheap in a Norway store....
    I was looking for some of these great tools as gifts and give aways for friends, so I asked my Irish friend to ask his friend, to get some for me...
    Meanwhile this friend had left Norway....
    So I contacted the store, just to get the information, that they dont ship out of Norway...
    No problem, but a lost opportunity...
    Later in the evening I was surfing on SD and saw a thread on which a member from Norway was posting.
    I contacted him and asked him, if he would do me the favour and by some of the knives for me...?
    In between 30 minutes (!) we got a conversation going, he was living only a few minutes away from this store, and about an hour later I was the proud owner of some of this great knife!
    Money posted by Paypal, knives posted to Wayne, to be picked up in May (another swap hunt for roebucks I hope...), thats a network!

OK, this thread was meant to be a big Thank You to SD and its Admins for all the great chances and contacts and even opportunities offered through here!

Its as far as I know, by far the best forum and I am happy to be a member!
    Last edited by Wildboar1973; 22-02-2014 at 15:50.
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

just goes to show there are still genuine people out there well done everybody involved. atb,doug.

Great post, a credit to the SD & it's members!

Now if only I had some good ground to swap hunts!

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

There is always something to share...
    And things may develope.... Stay passionated!!
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

I love what I do when hunting or fishing is involved. I have met some very good friends on here and had some fantastic opportunities that would have passed me bye if not for the SD.

Hopefully I can return the kindness soon enough when they find the time to have a stalk or 2 on my ground!

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

That again is another great reason why we bought the site. All power to the members of this site who put effort in to make the whole thing work.

Makes a refreshing change to read such an uplifting post, instead of the whinging buggers and troublemakers we have to cull out at times.

Well done everyone, and my very best wishes to you all.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

I must admit to having met many many members of this site through stalking and I have been all over Britain stalking and boar shooting. When you meet people face to face you find out we all want similar things and have a lot in common. I to have had a few negative experiences with a few parasitical members but this is a small portion of the ones I have had great times with.

i also have met some very nice people off the site and i am in a fortunate position to give more than i take , i have been offered stalking in return for stalking given which is a nice thing
    on the other hand i have had dealings with other people (not members off here) who have just took took and took . i guess some just have no morals .
    well done to the honest members of this site and lets hope good things continue
    regards andy

I too have made some very good friends on here and been a trader it is not all about selling but a lot of the time helping others .

regards chris

As an occasional poster, I've yet to fully integrate myself into the 'real life' SD network but I enjoy reading about others successes and hope to find my first Chinese Water Deer and Sika stalks through here in due course. The boss may even allow me to trade a muntjac stalk or two but that's jumping the gun a little for now.

I made a first step this week when I bought a 28bore from Malxwal. If it was eBay, it would have been 5-stars and glowing praise that's for sure. The gun is exactly as described and winged its way down from Montrose Guns in no time at all to the helpful chaps at Dauntseys guns.

Another thumbs up to a great forum