fac

rob shooter

Hi Chaps thanks for the replys yesterday as i said yesterday fao comming wednesday what can i ask him to put on my ticket, I have been reading up on the subject and i am new to the rifle game i just want to be prepared any hints would be helpfull ,cheers rob.

Provided that your requests seem reasonable, well thought out and convincing, you'll be ok. The more research you've done the better - it shows a responsible attitude.

everyone says dont rush into things ,yet everyone does think what you are going to need and most of all what you will actually use ,there are thousands of rifles out there gathering dust.

are you having a laugh, you applied for a fac and are know asking what to put on it, what did you put on the form ?,

No Scuba, the guidance specifically states that good reason should not be equated with "need". If you can put a good reason forward to hold a given calibre that should be sufficient.

On the thread you started about this yesterday you mentioned a .243 and likelihood of being accepted for that. Why now are you asking about other calibres if you've already put your app in and have the interview booked?

Either this is a wind up or perhaps you should think about holding back for a bit until you understand what's involved and you're comfortable that you can justify what you're applying for. Don't want it to come across as rude but you really should be making these decisions for yourself, not asking for the answers on an internet forum. You need to be able to demonstrate this to the chap that will assess your suitability and judging by the two threads you've started it's hard to see how this will turn out for you.

Do you have any mates / farmers that you can speak to? They'll be able to give you a bit of guidance and how the local force tend to treat applications.

are you having a laugh, you applied for a fac and are know asking what to put on it, what did you put on the form ?,

Just some advice, I suggest a lot more thought needs to go into what you actually need a FAC for & what you post here

Hi Chaps thanks for the replys yesterday as i said yesterday fao comming wednesday what can i ask him to put on my ticket, I have been reading up on the subject and i am new to the rifle game i just want to be prepared any hints would be helpfull ,cheers rob.

I recommend you shoot at least a year with an air rifle on targets, become a member of a shooting club, get a few years experience with a shotgun on game and vermin, than, maybe, move on to a rimfire rifle. Than do the DSC1, and only than, consider moving onto deer and center fire rifles.

While much of what you say has relevance Eric, I think you failed to notice that Rob is actually an experienced shotgunner. He mentions this in his introduction to the site.

Certainly it's a bit late waiting for the FEO to arrive and then asking what he should put on his application. You need to do your homework before making an application as after all you have to be able to demonstrate good reason.

Last edited:
Certainly it's a bit late waiting for the FEO to arrive and then asking what he should put on his application. You need to do your homework before making an application as after all you have to be able to demonstrate good reason.

Fair point, but I have to say I had a good long chat with the FEO, at my home, before I put in my FAC application. He gave some good advice and useful pointers, and my subsequent application went through quick and easy.

Fair point, but I have to say I had a good long chat with the FEO, at my home, before I put in my FAC application. He gave some good advice and useful pointers, and my subsequent application went through quick and easy.

As did I, sat and filled my application at home with fao, over coffee and biscuits and talk it through filled it in there and then gave him the cash and he took it away with him job done .

Atb Rob

Thanks for your advice chaps fao came today gave me my fac with full open shoot anywhere with permission doing my level 1 with basc at Trochty so will look for .243 cheers rob

Thanks for your advice chaps fao came today gave me my fac with full open shoot anywhere with permission doing my level 1 with basc at

Trochty so will look for .243 cheers rob

Bit lost here , run this again ,, shot gun shooter , no rifle experience first Grant application Fac , does not know what to put on FAC form , But that's ok fao comes to his house and sorts all out , GIVING first time FAC an Open deer condition ?? and THEN just nipping down the road TO polish of DSC 1 , mmm oh
right, it must be me, fined that hard to BELIEVE,, oh well best of luck and well done,

Bit lost here , run this again ,, shot gun shooter , no rifle experience first Grant application Fac , does not know what to put on FAC form , But that's ok fao comes to his house and sorts all out , GIVING first time FAC an Open deer condition ?? and THEN just nipping down the road TO polish of DSC 1 , mmm oh
right, it must be me, fined that hard to BELIEVE,, oh well best of luck and well done,

+1

It used to be a bit like that around my neck of the woods too, but a long long time ago. I guess that in rural Scotland where you have a bit more space things can be slightly more relaxed as regards to granting of a FAC. I suppose most of us have now become conditioned to accepting the need to jump through hoops before a certificate is granted for anything other than a .22 rifle for range use.

My feo in scotland is ex police markman and stalker, so you do tend to get a great deal of common sense applied, not just what policy states , remember everyone has the right to have a firearm and the police have to have a very good reason to turn you down.

My feo in scotland is ex police markman and stalker, so you do tend to get a great deal of common sense applied, not just what policy states , remember everyone has the right to have a firearm and the police have to have a very good reason to turn you down.

Everyone has the right to own a shotgun (unless there is a good reason for refusal), with firearms you must prove that you have good reason and are a suitable person to possess.

Back