Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ 527 .22 Hornet for sale

CZ 527 .22 Hornet for sale

I'm toying with the idea of selling my beloved Hornet.

I bought her 2nd hand and she shoots GREAT! I can consistently get 0.6 moa groups with 35gr V-Max homeloads, which are devastating on foxes and rabbits. This model has the single set trigger (which I love), 5 shot magazine and standard wooden stock.

Included: The Rifle, PES Stainless moderator (currently in camo tape), Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 AO and some home-load rounds (not guaranteeing any quantity as I still use it). I will also give the load data for my loads.

The rifle came to me having shot 110 rounds (apparently) and I've put maybe 200 - 250 through it.

The only reason I'm selling this cracking little rifle is that I'm buying a NiteSite Spotter and need the money. I really don't want to sell it but I rarely get the chance to shoot in daylight hours (which is what I bought the Hornet for to replace my HMR) and when it's night-time, I tend to use my 10/22 on the rabbits and 223 on the foxes. The Hornet does do both but I'm usually accompanied on night shoots and I feel rather greedy shooting everything :-).

There are a few people on this forum who have seen it shoot and can vouch for its accuracy and consistency.

For the above, I would like 600.

I obviously have all the reloading gear which I may sell if the offer is right. Redding Deluxe die set which are about 85 new, powder, primers and heads. Once funds allow, I may buy another Hornet so I'm not desperate to sell the reloading gear so please, no silly offers.

I'm based in South Birmingham and travel around a lot for work (in Scotland tomorrow) so I may be able to help out with meeting up etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hornet Field Reduced.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	38409Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hornet Groups.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	38408
    Last edited by Dagben77; 27-02-2014 at 20:10.

You say the American model, but the picture shows a Lux with the low comb hogback stock

I can vouch for the accuracy, I've seen it shot plenty of times, always around half an moa. If I had the space I'd be buying it myself!
    Last edited by Sabian223; 24-02-2014 at 09:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    You say the American model, but the picture shows a Lux with the low comb hogback stock

I bow to your superior knowledge.

Thanks for the guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post

This has been promptly corrected, but Neil is right to point to the obvious. From what I've seen, all the CZ's turned out in the last decade are stamped with the model name but that may not be so on the earlier ones.

IMO it's important that correct sales info is posted, so before anyone chips in this isn't a 'spoiling post' but maybe helpful detail for potential buyers who aren't familiar with the CZ family. There are a couple of wrong (let's say misleading) adverts in Reloading Classifieds at the moment too.

It seems that the RRP of the 'Lux' model is significantly lower than the 'American':-
    a) because it's an older model design.
    b) because a set of 50 CZ rings don't come free in the box as they do with the American.
    c) because the Lux is designed to be shot freestanding (with the iron sights fitted to it) so the line of sight is too high for optimal 'scope use.

Rant over..... it's another Monday. .
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

I don't see it as a spoiling post,

Thanks for the information. I have edited the OP.

I had a hog back stock on my Weihrauch hw60j. Theres no issues with scope height as long as you're not daft enough to use high scope mounts and a ridiculous over sized scope. The rifle itself is worth every penny of the asking price, i've seen it fired and with barely any recoil the stock isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

ive this rifle in action, and its accuracy is spot on, even at greater distances it proforms very well.
    good luck with the sale

Price drop 600.

Any interest?

Still for sale!!! Anyone???